✦ LESSON 1 : SAFE THAN SORRY ✧

❛ 𝑩𝑶𝒀𝑺 𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝐶𝑅𝑌 ❜ - CHAPTER TWO࿏ ⁎ ⁑ 𝓐 𝐺𝐻𝐸𝑇𝑇𝑂𝐹𝐸𝐼𝑁 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ⁑ ⁎ ࿏♞ 𝗝𝗔𝗛𝗦𝗘𝗛'𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 ♞❝ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐔𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇...

𝑩𝑶𝒀𝑺 𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝐶𝑅𝑌 ❜ - CHAPTER TWO
࿏ ⁎ ⁑ 𝓐 𝐺𝐻𝐸𝑇𝑇𝑂𝐹𝐸𝐼𝑁 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ⁑ ⁎ ࿏
♞ 𝗝𝗔𝗛𝗦𝗘𝗛'𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 ♞
❝ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐔𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐒 ❞

     SWEAT TRICKLED DOWN HIS WET BODY, the bathroom was misty from the previous steaming hot shower he took. The mirrors were foggy, he couldn't see himself until he took his hand and wiped away the wet steam. He looked at himself and internally he smiled at what looked back at him. Jahseh was far from cocky and arrogant, but he was confident in himself and his looks. Even with him needing a lining, he still looked good. His father and mother did one job right, and that was good genes and teaching him how to look like he cared for himself.

It was around eight in the morning, but Jah had been up since six. He was an early bird, he liked getting himself together, even if his day didn't consist of much. He valued getting up, opening the blinds, making his bed, drinking water, and doing something with himself. Though today, Jahseh had decided to do a wake and bake. Just like the day before, but he didn't have a woman disturbing his peace. It was Saturday and he had a few things on his agenda: make an early drop, collect his money, get his hair cut, and then head to the underground boxing arena. A simple day, this was how his weekends always went, minus the haircut. That was every two weeks.

Deciding to use his one hundred percent black African soap this time and not just hot water, he turned knob on the faucet, and he watched the water rush from the spout. He cupped the water in his free hand letting it fill up, followed by him bending over to splash the water on his face. He then put both hands under the faucet and rubbed his hands with the soap in between them. The suds bubbled up and he set the soap down on the holder, before rubbing his hands together and proceeding to rub the soap on his face. Jah took self care seriously, not so much the mental health part, but definitely the physical and appearance aspects. He always wanted to look his best, because when you looked good, you felt good. Right?