-6-

Taylor Swift seen at dive bar in Little Italy with singer-songwriter Lucia David.

(Pls ignore the shitty photoshop job lmao)

July 2nd, 2018

"Okay, I wrote a part of this song- it's about feminism and being a woman in the industry. I wanted to see what you to thought of it," Taylor slid a notebook to Lucia.

Taylor had ended up on the floor of Lucia's hotel room after a long night of drinking and dancing. Somehow, the blonde wasn't deathly hungover, and she still wanted to write with Lucia.

"I see. Wow, that's upfront." She puffed, reading through the lyrics. Lucia pick up a pen from the side table, scribbling a few lines. "What about this- 'what's it like to brag about raking in dollars and getting bitches and models,'"

"Lucy, you're a genius." Taylor squealed taking the notebook back from the brunette and writing down a few more lines. "And then 'its all good if you're bad and it's okay if you're mad.'"

The girls finished the song in under an hour, laying on Lucia's hotel bed. Taylor named it "The Man" beaming as she did so.

"God, I've wanted to write that song my whole career, I just-"

"Couldn't find the write words." Lucia finished, looking up at the taller woman.

"Exactly." Taylor smiled warmly, her heart doing somersaults as she looked at the girl in front of her. "You have the coolest eyes you know that?"

"Don't flatter me," Lucia blushed, looking down at the floral comforter.

"I'm serious, they're like, indigo. I love them." Taylor giggled, staring deeper into the pools of blue.

Lucia found herself wanting to lean in and close the distance between them, craving the taste of the blondes lips. She leaned forward, just as Taylor stood up.

"We should get going- we said we'd pick Mila up." Taylor cleared her throat and began to gather her stuff.

Lucia slapped herself mentally. Taylor doesn't want to kiss you. She's straight. And dating someone. Dumbass.

"Yeah, give me a minute to clean up."

"I'll go first. Just meet me at her place," Taylor have a tight lipped smile before slamming the door behind her.

Lucia flopped down on the bed with a frustrated groan. She pulled her phone out, frantically texting Mila.

Lucia
I'm an idiot.

                       Mila
Yes, and?

Lucia
I tried to kiss her.

         Mila
I was high last night- were you?

Lucia
Dude, I'm serious.

Mila
Oh shit.

Lucia put her phone in her pocket, throwing her dirty clothes into her suitcase alongside her other outfits and picking her purse up from the bathroom. She called a cab, telling him to drive to as slow as he wanted.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere-" the cab drive brushed his bushy mustache. "I think I saw you in Times Square. Are you a singer?"

"I am." Lucia nodded, hoping he would drop the subject.

"Don't give up, kid. You've got talent." The man chuckled.

"Thanks..."

"Antoine." He smiled, unlocking the doors as they arrived at Mila's flat.

"Lucia, and thank you for the ride." She pulled a neatly folded hundred from her purse and slid it into the grasp of the man. He nodded at her thankfully as she walked away.

Lucia had knocked on the door before she could overthink it, and the familiar face of a hungover Mila greeted her.

"Fancy a cup of tea?"

"You know it," Lucia sighed, stepping into the hallway and shrugging off her jacket.

Mila disappeared for a minute before returning with a two steaming cups of tea. Lucia took hers gratefully, taking a gulp, wincing at the burning in her throat.

"Okay, the drive is about two hours, so we should start now. Greg is coming to pick us up in a couple of minutes. In the mean time, do you guys want food?" Taylor asked, refusing to make eye contact with Lucia.

"Is there toast?" Lucia asked, feeling slightly queasy.

"There's like, two pieces of bread in there." Mila shrugged.

"I'll make you some, Luc." Taylor smiled, disappearing into the kitchen.

"She calls you Luc?" Mila raised an eyebrow, knowing Lucia reserved the right to call her that for very few people. Literally Damiano and Mila called her Luc.

"Shut up."

"Fuck, you are whipped," Mila snorted, earning a slap in the back of the head from Lucia.

"Ow," she mumbled, rubbing the spot where Lucia slapped her.

"Butter?" Taylor called.

"That's fine." Lucia responded, blushing at the way Mila was side-eyeing her.

"And now she's making you breakfast.."

"She ignores me in the street, so toast is the least she could do." Lucia rolled her eyes, leaning against the doorway.

"You can't blame her. You're very out," Mila said awkwardly.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Lucia glared toward the Brit.

"It's just... if she has feelings for you, she can't show them in public. Maybe she can't help wanting to kiss you in public or something," Mila whispered.

"It never happened, I leaned in and she stood up."

"Damn, you got frozen," Mila chuckled.

"Shut up," Lucia motioned to Taylor as she entered the room. "Thanks." She said as Taylor handed her a piece the toast.

"Mhm." Taylor cleared her throat, picking up her suitcase. "Eat up, we probably won't stop till we get there, Greg doesn't like to stop,"

"Sounds good," Lucia gave a thumbs up before scarfing down the rest of her toast.

The trip was peaceful, full of gorgeous scenery as they arrived at the huge mansion of legend. Lucia looked toward Taylor, making eye contact with the blonde.

Something felt different.