Separate Ways

The two had fallen asleep in each other's arms. Entangled as the sheets lay atop them messily across the bed. Johnny woke slowly as he felt a weight on his chest and looked to see Evie sleeping peacefully atop him her skin warm and smelling of a mix of roses, lavender, and sweat. It was intoxicating. Pushing her hair away from her face he slowly moved out from under her and sat up on the bed next to her. Letting his fingers lightly graze her skin as she happily hummed in her sleep at his touch. Johhny couldn't help the feeling that arose up in his chest as he smiled down at her. He slowly stood to pull on his pants and slip on his sunglasses, walking over to his cigarettes and out the door. Johnny had made it to the base of the stairs as Kerry grinned from ear to ear at him before shaking his head and choosing to ignore him.
"So our Princess has finally chosen her Prince."
Kerry teased following him as Johnny lit his cigarette and inhaled the smoke deeply.
"Oh come on, you don't feel the least bit special she chose you?"
He pushed as Johnny continued to ignore him.
"Well, I'm guessing you are gonna support whatever decision she makes about her career at least?"
With that Johnny finally looked at Kerry and huffed.
"I still don't want her going."
"Well, that's rather bold. It's her life. Just because you two fucked doesn't mean she's still not gonna go through with it."
"Then ill convince her it's not a good idea."
Kerry crossed his arms at Johnny's statement perking up an eyebrow in bis amusement.
"Have you met Evangeline?"
Johnny huffed again at his words and rubbed his face.
"I don't want her to go through what we had to. I don't want her getting taken advantage of and I want Evie safe."
At the end of the day, Johnny wanted a lot of thing's but ultimately he wanted her happiness. And he knew there was only one way to achieve it.
"I have to leave."
"What?"
"You heard me."
"How is that a good idea Silverhand?"
Kerry asked bluntly as he fully turned to his friend.
"To get what she wants I have to continue the corpo war and win for her. It will also pull their focus from her and she will be safer for it."
"You my friend are nuts. She's going to think..."
"I know! That I used her, that I don't care for her. But it has to be done."
"Don't ever say I didn't try to stop you."
"Thanks for trying. Just promise me one thing. Don't tell her and inform V of my plans. I don't want him thinking I broke her heart for no reason."
Kerry nodded at his words as he watched Johnny disappear back upstairs to his room and gather his things. Nut before Johnny left he wrote a note to Evie. Walking back to where she peacefully slept and left it on her side table. He stared at her for a long moment before kissing the top of her head and whispering in her ear.
"You are the best part of my new life. I love you, Evangeline James."
With that, he left Kerry's and back to the Afterlife to plan with Rouge.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter and the cliffhanger work has been crazy 🤪
The next chapter will be longer. Promise 🙏