19. Unsteady

Hold, hold on, hold onto me'Cause I'm a little unsteadyA little unsteadyHold, hold on, hold onto me'Cause I'm a little unsteadyA little unsteady

'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady
Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

As the morning sun painted the walls of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom with delicate gold, Amara briskly walked in, her bag laden with books. Professor Lupin was managing his papers at the front of the room. His eyes brightened when he recognized her, and an affable smile stretched across his face.

"Welcome, Amara," he greeted, the warmth in his voice making her feel instantly at ease.

As she lingered around, Lupin addressed the class, his voice lingering on her for a moment longer, "I realized I haven't properly introduced myself yet. I am Professor Remus Lupin, your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

There was a small pause, and Lupin's gaze softened. "I want to share with you all that I had the privilege of being very close friends with Amara's mother, Arabella," His revelation caused whispers to ripple through the class. They were all too familiar with the story of Arabella's tragic demise alongside the Potters.

Lupin continued, his eyes turned reminiscent, "Arabella and I were almost inseparable during our time here at Hogwarts."

Amara, absorbing his words, nodded gently. She had heard of Professor Lupin from her mother's tales of her Hogwarts years.

Seeing her acknowledgment, Lupin gave a light-hearted chuckle. "You very much resemble Arabella... your dark hair, your facial features, even the same air of determination. It's almost uncanny," His gaze took a thoughtful pause at her eyes. "Though, your eyes...they have an unmistakably familiar gleam as if I have seen them somewhere else."

He quickly redirected the conversation before anyone could sense the hidden weight behind his comment, "However, I'm glad to have you here, Amara. Arabella always spoke highly of Hogwarts, and just having you here almost feels as though we've managed to keep a piece of her spirit alive."

A quiet but unmistakable warmth spread through Amara, despite the eyes of her classmates burdening her with curiosity. She returned Lupin's gentle smile, "Thank you, Professor Lupin," she said, trying to articulate the mix of emotions swirling within her, "My aunt has mentioned you in their stories. The tales have always inspired me. I'm excited about your class."

"Ah well, then I'd better not disappoint. Let's hope I live up to her tales," responded Lupin, his tone light, yet his gaze held a hint of solemnity.

He gathered the class around a large wooden wardrobe in the classroom.

At the furthest corner of the room, a towering armoire was seen violently shuddering, its convulsive movements catching the wary gaze of Harry, Ron, and their peers. Unease was palpable as they huddled together, their eyes darting curiously yet apprehensively towards the distressed piece of furniture.