25 Small Habits!

Vowing to shed that extra body weight or to quit that habit of smoking or to make a habit of hitting the bed early in order to rise and shine or even to consume only that nourishes one’s body and soul,BUT, historically failing and eventually abandoning the oaths,can really be frustrating!

Healthy habits - Why are these SO hard to tame?Why can't one do these very naturally similar to brushing?Why do they make sure that only THEY should be sown to reap good results?Why do they always have to test our resistance?Why do they surrender only to perseverance?

I may not have answer for all these!

Instead I can share few very small yet very impactful habits I learnt from the book,"25 Small Habits" by Manoj Chenthamarakshan.

1.Morning Smile:
The mindset which dawns on you as soon as you open your eyes and come to senses sets the tone for the ENTIRE day!Having a calm,peaceful,serene mind before starting a day is very essential to deal with challenges all day, everyday.So,just give a sarcastic but contented smile to all those worries trying to drown you as soon as you get up!Yes,it works like charm.

2.Drink Water:
You and me are nothing but 65% of water walking here and there.Water intake plays an irreplaceable role in one's mental stability.It IS scientifically proven that lesser water intake linked to stress,anxiety,depression,dehydration,etcetera...So,have a bottle wherever you go and make sure to have water in it to drink from😅

3.Nature Gazing:
There is always some tranquility related to doing nothing!Furthermore,it takes your mind off of things for sometime so that when you come back you might already have a very different approach to demolish the issue!So,try as much as possible to step out(or step up)to open terraces just to check if clouds still take different forms like they did when you were a toddler😅

I can write more but that might stop you from reading the actual book which has got many such simplest habits possible!

The one thing about these habits are,they are THE SIMPLEST that you can just start immediately!Since these are very much ordinary and you don’t have to make major lifestyle changes to follow them,you will most definitely see yourself doing them without actually missing out on anything yet simultaneously cleansing your body and soul silently!And once you see the number of "Healthy Habits"(though very simple)you are already following,you would get more motivated and could start venturing the real hard ones!

A very easy one hour read book!As the title says,the book speaks about 25 small habits,each one in each chapter and each chapter does not exceed 4 pages which makes it super easy to keep reading ❤️The author also tried very best to keep the explanation exactly to the point without any unnecessary dragging which again keeps us hooked to the book🔥Above all,all these 25 habits are so very simple as described yet will definitely create an impact in one's life when followed!Again,the very bright side of all these habits is that they can easily be followed without any extra requirements like investing money/workforce but our complete commitment!

At the end of every chapter,there is an exercise part which sorta gives homework for us to go and do to incorporate that particular habit into our lives!Even those exercises are basic.

The only thing which I personally felt was that it gave me a feeling that the author was keeping in mind that the audience rather readers are gonna be only US people and in a few places he has actually written as if he were addressing only them(maybe that's just me,I don't know 🤷🏻‍♀️)

But if you wanna start with self-help but are also scared of books with innumerable pages focusing on the same point,then this is your pick.

Also,well,see,"Healthy Habits" CAN be tamed,after all😜

Rating:6.5/10

#DoneAndDusted

#bookstagram #book #bookrecommendation #bookreview #booklover #bookblog #bookaddict #bookloversofinstagram #booklog #bookworm #bookaddiction #bookpost #bookinstagram #bookblogging #bookstagrammer #bookreviewer #bookreader #bookobsessed