S1 E1: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses

Students: Are you watching those animal challenge videos?

Huh? They challenge animals or something?

Man...

Good on you for keeping up with club meets, though.

Morning!

Hey. Look what I bought! The limited-edition one.

I'll be there in five minutes.

Morning!

Kaede: (Thoughts) I have a crush on a girl. I have a crush on a girl. That girl... That girl... Is always on my mind. I'm always thinking about her. Mie-san. I'm... I'm...

Student: Morning!

Kaede: (Thoughts) I'm...

Student: Oh, sorry!

Kaede: It's okay. Morning!

Students: Morning!

Oops, I forgot something!

Morning.

Kaede: Morning.

Students: Morning.

Gotta work hard at the club meet today.

Yeah, we should.

The boss is crazy.

I know.

I barely won.

Right?

It's just so witty.

It's the timing.

Isn't my cute cat? So cute!

Kaede: (Thoughts) I'm in love with her.

Teacher: In 1333,Nitta Yoshitada led his army of over 200,000 in an attack on the shogunate's base in Kamakura. Hojo Takatoki, the de facto head of the shogunate at the time, took his family to their family temple of Toshoji, committing suicide by setting fire to the building. It's said that this was what ended the Kamakura shogunate's 150 years of rule. Later that year...

Kaede: (Thoughts) Mie-san sits next to me. We just had a seating change three days ago. That's how long we've known each other. She's always spaced out. Every time she opens her mouth, she says something out of whack.

Ai: (Flashback) Wouldn't it be cuter if we started calling mechanical pencils "pupens" instead?

Kaede: (Thoughts) But it's this weird girl, Mie-san... that I've fallen in love with. Even if it has to be through those thick lenses... I want her to look at me with her beautiful eyes.

Why isn't she wearing her glasses? Wait, actually... this isn't bad, either. She's cute! That's Mie-san, right? She looks so grouchy. Still so cute, though.

Ai: Morning.

Kaede: M-Morning.

(Thoughts) I want to ask why she doesn't have her glasses, but I haven't talked to her properly yet... I'm so nervous, I don't think I could hold a conversation with her.

Ai: Um...

Kaede: Huh? Err, yes?

Ai: I know I probably look angry, but don't mind me. I'm just squinting because I can't see.

Kaede: Eh?

Ai: I forgot my glasses today.

Kaede: (Thoughts) I'm finally talking to her!