PANSAMANTALA

PANSAMANTALA
-lumilipas; temporary; short period of time

Sylvia's POV

I am aware that he will be leaving the country to pursue his dream abroad. What's the point of having a relationship with him kung aalis din naman siya sa susunod na buwan? Alam ko sa sarili ko that I can't handle LDR relationship kaya bakit pa ako susugal kung alam ko naman ang kahihinatnan nito?

"Okay, if you don't want me to court you. I'm fine with more than friends, less than lovers," he sounded so sad and disappointed.

I rolled my eyes on him. "Isn't it a waste of time? What can we gain from this? Oo, gusto kita at gusto mo ako. Pero baka sa gagawin nating ito, mas lalalim pa ang nararamdaman natin sa isa't-isa."

To be honest, I am just hesitant! I am just afraid to fall in love with him kasi alam ko namang masasaktan din ako sa huli. I'm just afraid of being left behind.

I don't like his idea, but there's a part of me that's pushing me to accept what Kevin has suggested.

"Fine! Let's do that!" I said that as if I didn't have a choice and was just forced to agree with his suggestion. I walked passed him and I saw him smirked.

It was Friday night, I was fixing my vanity mirror when my phone vibrated. It's a message from Kevin.

Kevin: Hi! I'll pick you up tomorrow morning! Agahan mong gumising ha! May pupuntahan tayo.

Me: Where are we going?

Kevin: Malalaman mo bukas

Me: Sabihin mo na kasi kung saan para alam ko kung ano ang isusuot ko!

I answered his call. "Why? What do you need?"

"None, I just want to hear your voice."

Paepal!

"Sabihin mo na kasi kung saan tayo pupunta!"

"It's not a surprise anymore if I tell you now. Wear something you're comfortable with," Saad niya. Bakas sa boses niya ang pagkatuwa.

"Is there something funny?" Pambabara ko sa kaniya. "You're enjoying this, huh?"

"Cute," he whispered. I suddenly smiled when I heard that, pero syempre hindi ko pinahalata.

"Let's sleep na nga!" I said and I heard him chuckle.

"Okay. Good night, Sylvia. Have a sweet dream. See you tomorrow."  His voice was like a music to my ears.

I immediately fell asleep after his call.

Kevin's POV

I got sad and hurt when she said that she didn't want me to court her. Kaya naman sa kagustuhan kong makasama pa siya sa mga natitirang linggo ko rito sa bansa ay nasabi ko na lang ang "more than friends, but less than lovers" na 'yan! Fuck! She doesn't deserve that! I wasn't planning on doing that! I planned to treat her the way she deserves. I guess she wasn't yet ready to enter into a relationship. Maybe, she didn't want to commit yet.

I respect her decisions. But I am more than 100% sure that I like her more than just a friend.

I felt bad. I was about to take back what I said but I stopped when she agreed with it. Kaya naman ay hindi ko na binawi at pinanindigan na lang ang aking sinabi.

Noong Sabado ay sinundo ko siya sa kanilang bahay. Ang aga-aga nakabusangot. Pero kahit nakabusangot, napakaganda pa rin. I opened the front seat for her.

"What's this?" Tanong niya nang makita niya ang paper bag sa front seat.

"Sandwich and bottled water. Alam kong hindi ka pa kumain," saad ko. Sa tagal naming magkakilala, kabisado ko na siya. Madalang lang siyang kumain sa umaga.