44

Valentine Fitz

Loud music blares from the speakers, I've taken a break from dancing for a bit as I sit the bar. The bartender approaches me, he looks young, no older than 24, curly black hair with a stubble beard. "Cosa posso offrirti, tesoro?" He speaks with a smile.

"I-um." He cuts me off with a chuckle, "My bad," He apologizes, "What can I get you, darling." He repeats with a thick italian accent. I laugh breathlessly, "Um, a vodka cranberry would be great." I say, "Great, I'll get that for you now." He says before he goes off making my drink.

I take that time to go on my phone to see if Harry has responded back.

You - 8:56pm
Are you sure? I can come with you.
—sent 8 mins ago

He hasn't seen or responded to that message at all. I try not to think much of it, I place my phone face down when I see Zayn sit beside me. "Hey, rockstar." He says smiling. I laugh, "That's my nickname now?" He nods proudly, "With almost 30 thousand streams, yeah you're my little rockstar." He shrugs. I nod, "I like it." I say, "Good, cause that was going to stay regardless."

"Your drink." The bartender comes back, sliding the drink toward me. I take a sip and the refreshing liquid travels down my throat. "Uh. y'know...the accident." Zayn's voice shifted, clearing his throat as if he wanted to avoid the topic. I set my drink down and listen to him. "I'm just..." He exhales. "I'm just glad you're okay. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't make it." He admits, I can't help but smile softly, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Z." I say truthfully.

"No, no, don't be sorry." He says quickly, "That wasn't your fault." I run my fingers through my hair. "I know but I hate that I put you through that, I know how it feels and it just...sucks." I swallow the harshness down my throat. "That's nobody's fault except the guy that did that to you, and trust me when I say, when I find this man....I will carve out his fucking eyeballs." He says. For some reason that made me laugh, Zayn smiles once he sees me laughing. "You're my best friend and I hate seeing you get hurt." He adds. The conversation dies there, as I take another sip of my drink.

"Where's Harry by the way?" Zayn asks, "He went back up to the hotel." I answer, "Said he wasn't feeling it." He mumbles a small 'oh' before watching the crowd dance. I watch as he specifically has eyes on Camille who's dancing with a random guy, she looks to be having fun and truly enjoying herself. One thing about Camille is she is truly herself on the dance floor, dancing and grinding on random men is where she had the most fun.

"You eyeing Camille?" I smirk, he looks almost caught off guard. "What? No! Are you kidding why would I do that." He tries to play it off calmly. "Quit the act, she told me about you two hooking up." I cut to the chase. His brows raise which makes me laugh, "I've been stuck in my bed for 2 weeks straight with Camille and Harry by my side 24/7. What did you think we talked about?" Once he realizes I caught him he sighs defeatedly.

"Fine...yes we fucked a couple of times–"

"Couple of times? That's what you're calling it?" I cut him off, raising a brow.

"Fuck–fine, a lot of times, it's just....I don't know if she's feelin' me, y'know?" He turns to look at me at the last part. "Dude, you guys fucked more than once. Plus the way she looks at you...she 100% likes you." I state the obvious. "You think?" He asks, clearly desperate to know if she likes him back or not.

I wet my lips before continuing, "Look, you guys are friends, right? She wouldn't ruin that by having sex with you. Friendship is the most important thing to her, it's all she ever relied on." I look over to her dancing but this time alone.

"She really likes you, Z." I turn my head to look at him in the eyes, "Don't fucking break her heart." I warn him, he laughs at that but I didn't mean to sound funny. "I'm being serious...break her heart and I'll fucking chop you up like onions and send them to your family." I threatened, instantly his smile dropped. "Oh, shit. Sorry."