VIII

—Andrea's pov—

Henry held my hand softly while dragging me to one of the back rooms in the building. He dropped my hands once we arrived and he shut the door firmly after observing the surrounding to see if there would be any witness of what's about to happen.

If I was in high school, It'd be likely that the guy I'm with here in the back room would start going on his knees and undressing me. That man would also be likely to be Cairo since he was my high school lover after all. But we're not in high school anymore. I'm a grown ass woman with a boyfriend alone in a room with no people outside that could hear our conversation.

"Too much for the boyfriend act, I must say." I stared at him as he sat to the ground while I walked and grabbed a chair for me to sit on.

"Well, this isn't entirely an act, is it? I'm your boyfriend after all." A smug look on his face was plastered.

"I don't fucking care, Henry. We're not romantically into each other. I don't like you. I don't even see you as a friend. Kissing is too intimate for me. Try to respect my boundary and stop crossing the line." I argued while crossing my arms over my chest.

"What? Boyfriends and girlfriends can't kiss?" He started marching near me.

"I'm not your girlfriend, this thing between us isn't even real, it's forced. And no, couples don't kiss unless one is not comfortable with it and I'm not comfortable with you kissing me so stop." I bite back.

"Oh honey, you don't have a choice. Either you satisfy your boyfriend or you disappoint your mother." He grabbed my chin harshly.

"Oh no, you don't understand, honey. I didn't ask you, I was ordering you. So either you follow me or you get your business down." I took out a knife inside from my chest and pointed it at his neck. He moved backwards until he was near the door, ready to run. He went outside calmly and shut the door loudly making sure I know he's infuriated. As he was completely out of the room, I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. That stupid, small-dicked guy didn't know respect. I needed to teach him some manners. That's not how you treat a lady, especially not a consigliere.

I didn't notice it has been 5 minutes since I was zoning out. A click on the door put me on my guard and I looked up to see who it was, I saw Cairo holding a gun. I could hear gunshots from outside the room. I walked up to him and asked him what the hell happened while I was away.

"Just as I was expecting, our dear friends decided to sabotage your little boyfriend's party." He answered while locking the room.

"Why are you even here alone? Where's Henry? I thought he was here with you, it's not safe right now, do you have a weapon?" He walked over to me.

I stood up and lifted my hands to brush his face. There was a blood on his face covering his precious scar. I wiped the blood off his cheek and he closed his eyes as if he was in paradise. It stayed like that for a few seconds until I broke the comforting silence.

"I have a knife" I showed him the knife I used to threaten Henry to get away from me and Cairo's eyes looked shocked to see the knife. He gave me a sincere smile. A smile that meant a lot of things.

"You still got my knife" he leaned over to me so our foreheads touch. I cupped his cheek while nodding. "I still got your knife" we both smiled at each other, not daring to break the contact.

"Bringing a knife to a gun fight, how generous of you to spare their lives." He looked at me.

"Oh sweetheart, I didn't say I was going to spare a life. I just brought a knife because I felt like it." No I didn't bring it because I felt like it. I didn't even know this party would be sabotaged tonight. I always bring his knife with me. It's always been like that since he left. The knife he gave me protected me from a lot of people until now. Ever since we both reunited, I wanted to tell him our moments together, the things he gave me, and every detail of his body was still fresh in my mind, preserved, sealed, protected, never forgotten, always appreciated, loved. And so was he, he was always loved, appreciated, missed. I could only hope he thinks the same to me, that the feelings are mutual. But then again, why would he cheat if he wanted me.

I broke the contact and headed to the door while Cairo followed me out. He kept me covered and protected. When someone aims a gun at me, they wouldn't have the chance to aim the gun as he already shot them on the head, not once missing. I launched at a guy holding a gun and kicked his gun out of his hands before having the chance to turn to look at me. He was now weaponless. Cairo shot at all the other men coming towards me and let me have my fun. He watched as I kicked the guy sending him flying towards one of the glass tables resulting for it to break. I walked over to the guy and stabbed him in his shoulders. He wasn't able to stand but he managed to grab my leg which made me fall. I took the knife from his shoulder and stabbed him in the neck. Once I was out of his grasp, I yet again took the knife and stabbed the guy multiple times in the neck while blood sprayed all over my face.

Cairo walked up to me and extended his arms for me to grab. "Still as good as before." 

I took his hand and helped myself stand up. He grabbed his handkerchief from his pants and handed it over to me. "As hot as you look, your eyeliner might melt if you don't wipe the blood from your face. That guy might also have god knows what disease in his blood that might transfer to you."

I accepted his handkerchief and gently wiped the blood from my face. "Here just let me." He took the handkerchief from me and gently patted my face with it. "There" he observed my face while giving me some space.

"Do you want to go out and have dinner?" He asked. I hummed a response and followed him outside to his car, leaving the crime scene clean itself.