Lovely

This contains lyrics from Lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid, but for the purpose of this fic, pretend that song doesn't exist. Anyway this popped into my head a few minutes ago, so I'm winging it. Also it's a slow burner, sorry.

Roy arrived at Jamie's house slightly early that morning. It was 3:38, so he decided to wait in the car. Roy hadn't slept. He'd been up all night, overthinking the team's upcoming match against Man City and what they were likely to encounter. Upon remembering what had been keeping him up, Roy looked up from his phone and at Jamie's house, then frowned. There was a light on in the spare room Roy was never allowed to go into. Curious, Roy watched for a while, until he saw the shadow of a person walk past the curtains closed over the window. 'The fuck?' Roy whispered to himself as he watched the shadow seemingly take a seat. If there was anything Jamie loved more than anything, it was his beauty sleep. Normally, he was half asleep or only just awake when Roy showed up at 4am. Now, 20 minutes early, Jamie was up and about.

Getting even more curious, Roy got out of his car and walked towards the house. However as he got closer, he heard... music? Jamie was listening to music. But not the rap or rock Jamie usually listened to. This was a sweet acoustic melody, with a calm, male voice Roy couldn't catch the words of. 'Fuck sake!' Roy almost jumped when he heard the younger man shout and the music cut abruptly. Now more curious than ever, Roy peered through a small gap in the curtains.

Jamie was sat on a tiny sofa against the wall to Roy's left, writing something in a notebook and holding a guitar. A guitar. That beautiful melody Roy had heard had been Jamie playing. Before Roy could even grasp the fact that Jamie Tartt could play guitar, the younger man leant back on the sofa, hand over his eyes, then checked his watch. Roy checked his own. It was 3:52. Jamie got up from the sofa, placed his expensive-looking guitar on it, then turned the light off a he left the room. Roy took a seat on the bench outside Jamie's house, taking in what he had just seen. It wasn't anything huge, there are hundreds of thousands of people out there who can play guitar, after all, but knowing that Jamie was one of them just didn't sit right with Roy. At 4am exactly, Roy banged on the door and acted like nothing happened.

TEDLASSOTEDLASSOTEDLASSOTEDLASSOTEDLASSO

Later that day, Roy was sat in the office with Beard and Ted. It had been a long day of training and, despite having obviously having a rough night, Jamie played as he always did, if not harder with the threat of his old club looming over everyone's heads. The footballer in question was now sat in the locker room with the other players, changing back into their normal clothes. 'What's goin' on, Roy?' Ted asked. Roy looked up and through the window at the manager. 'What? Nothing.' He replied.
'Come on, you can tell us.' Ted said, gesturing to beard who nodded. With a loud sigh, Roy stood from his chair and walked into Ted's office, closing the door behind him.

'Go on, what's happenin'? You've been acting sulkier than usual all day.' Roy gave another huge sigh and looked out of the window at Jamie, who was scrolling through his phone. 'I saw something I maybe shouldn't have last night.'
'Ohhhh.' Ted said. 'What was it?' Roy didn't reply for some time. He knew it was stupid, knew it was nothing. It shouldn't bother him like it does, but he had a feeling there was more to it than he knew. 'I was up all night last night, so I got to Jamie's early at like 3:30 or some'ing. When I got there, there was a light on in one of the rooms. Now this fucking room, Jamie is adamant that I don't go into it. Every fucking time I go over, he tells me 'don't you fucking dare go in that room.'' Roy explained, doing a poor impression of Jamie's accent.

'Anyway, when I usually get there in the morning, Jamie's half asleep, so I knew something was off, him being awake. I got out my car and went over, and I heard this melody, it sounded incredible. I could hear the guy's voice who was singing, but he was fucking good 'n' all. Anyway, I looked through a gap in the curtains and... and Jamie fucking Tartt was playing the fucking guitar that I could hear and I don't know why it's fucking bothering me so much but Jamie Tartt being able to play the guitar just feels off to me for some fucking reason and I wanna talk about it with him and I wanna fucking hear more but I don't know how to go about that and I don't want him to fucking overreact.' Roy said, then stared at Ted, awaiting a response.