Chapter 56

It's Saturday. The music videos and tracks were all released last night at midnight Pacific standard time. Ryleigh didn't want to know what anyone was saying, so she kept her phone in her Jean pocket as long as she could. So although she was eager to hear from Rory, it'll have to wait.

She met with Marcus for her final coaching session yesterday afternoon. She tried to be upbeat because everything was being filmed, but she was mostly saddened because this was finally coming to an end.

Ryleigh knew that she had grown new perspectives into qualities of herself that she had formerly doubted. When she was writing and performing, Marcus always encouraged her to go the extra mile, express her creativity and let go of any feelings of hate, love, or rage.

'Ryleigh, would you say this had been an unusual change in your life?' Marcus asks.

She nods. 'I think this has been the best thing that ever happened to me...' Even though it took her a while to realise it—almost when she was in her 20s—she didn't want the life she thought was the only one. Not since she arrived in LA; everything changed. '...It has been challenging, but all I can do is keep moving forward and not look back.' She went on.

'You've come a long way for someone who has never performed to now being in the final. But, I must say, working with you has been wonderful, and I can't wait to see you play.' Marcus says, and her eyes begin to water.

'I appreciate everything. I'm honoured that you selected me to join your team.'

He opened his arms, and she accepted his warm embrace while channelling her inner 14-year-old fan girl who was screaming with joy.

'You got this.' He whispers as he lets go and winks at her.

Ryleigh began to think of him as a friend rather than a big fan of his band and music. But, whatever the outcome, she will always be able to get in touch with Marcus, who will support her in everything she does.

•·················•·················•

The rehearsal in the afternoon was going well. Everything on stage, from the lights to the special effects, was perfect for the live show ahead.

After rehearsal, she sat in her dressing room, prepared for her first song of the night. Then, she took a quiet moment to study herself in the mirror. Nearly 12 weeks ago, a shy, insecure 28-year-old would never have imagined sitting there being the final 3 of a TV show, and she would have watched at home. Even meeting new friends and finding love was an unexpected turn of events.

However, each song she wrote and produced was a great accomplishment in her new career. It started to feel surreal that this was coming to an end.

Kelsie popped by her dressing room wearing the dress she got her. All the colours of a mermaid shimmer her curves elegantly. Even Ryleigh couldn't stop looking.

'Wow, look at you.' Ryleigh complimented.

'It's the final for a special occasion.' Kelsie replies, all confident and flirty.

'You look good in it.'

'I'm calling it my lucky dress.' Kelsie grinned at her, and Ryleigh played with the string of her jacket.

'I'm really nervous.' Ryleigh mumbled and wished Rory was here to calm her down.

Kelsie grabbed her hands. 'You'll be amazing.' Ryleigh squeezes back and then hugs her.

She realised that Rory hadn't been in touch with her or even sent her a good luck text, and then she heard a knock on a door.

'Can we come in?' Elliot said, and Ashton followed behind. She nodded. 'We thought we'd wish you luck for the final.'