01

*ೃ༄ *ੈ✩‧₊˚

— It's finally my time of the year, summer.
No school, no stress, no complex relationships, no teachers grading you for every single move you make.

The best feeling is waking up in the morning after a long sleep knowing you won't have school for a long time.

In my opinion, the best thing about summer is Susannah's beach house in Cousins.
I can finally see Belly, Conrad, Jeremiah and Steven after a whole year!

I'm at the train station with my headphones plugged in and my volume turned up loud listening to The right side of my neck by Faye Webster.

My parents decided not to come this year since they told me they had other plans, so I guess I'll be alone for the next three months with my friends and Susannah.

I hop onto the train and take a seat next to the window. The ride was over 4 hours long, but atleast I had Spotify and headphones.
During half of the trip I fell asleep as usual. I get so exhausted and tired during long rides.

"Miss, please wake up you have reached your destination." One of the train crew members said.

I slowly open my eyes to the sound of her voice and the sun shining through my eyes. "Already?" I yawn but covering my mouth politely.
The lady nodded and walked away to wake up some other passengers who were asleep and their destination was Cousins.

I stood up from my seat and grabbed my bags. I walk to the exit of the train, step out of it and think to myself that I'll be spending the next three months here and I'm not complaining. Cousins is so beautiful.

I was expecting Belly to wait for me outside of the train station since that's what we arranged for my arrival and there's one thing I know very well about Belly. She never forgets stuff. You could've done or said something embarrassing ten years ago and she would still remember it and make fun of you.
It would be very unlikely for her to forget to pick me up from the train station.

While having these thoughts in my head I didn't even realise that belly was literally standing 10 feet in front of me. Embarrassing.

"BELLY!!" I ran towards her and hugged her after I realised her existence in front of me.
"HI JULES!!" She said hugging me back. "How are you doing?" Belly asks.
"I'm actually doing amazing knowing that I don't have school for the next three months. How are you?" I say.
"Same as you honestly." She chuckled softly.

"So what are the plans this summer?" I asked her and paid very good attention to what she was saying since I am always very invested in summer plans.

"Well we will go to the beach and pool, as usual of course. My birthday is in a few weeks so I'm planning to make a huge birthday party that's not like my last few. I don't really have any other plans planned since we usually just go with the flow in summer."

I nod. "Im sure we will have lots of fun." I smile.

"Oh yeah how could I forget! Taylor is coming too this whole summer!" Belly added.

"Taylor? Taylor Jewel?" My smile faded into disgust. I don't like Taylor and she doesn't seem to be such a big fan of me either.

"Look Jules, I know you aren't in the best of terms right now because of you know what, but please try to just get along this summer." Belly tried to comfort me.

I nod still a little in denial that she will have to spend the next three months with me.

I know very well that you are probably wondering right now what Belly meant with "because of you know what". Just so you know, Taylor and I weren't always on bad terms. We actually used to be really close friends until two summers ago.

I used to have this crush on Steven, Belly's brother and I told Taylor. She was super supportive the first few weeks but then I caught her making out with him by the pool at the beach house.

I wanted to get along with her again but my hatred for her grew stronger everyday. Everyday she became more popular, more loved and boys were hooking up with her every hour.

I don't know what made me become so jealous. She was getting so much male validation that it gave me serious issues against her.

Last summer all we did was trying to compete against each other to see who's better. But this year I won't give a single shit about her. I will try to avoid her at every cost.

| at the beach house with Belly

"Here we are" Belly looks at me and says.
"Where are Jeremiah and Conrad?" I ask her irritated.
"They are most definitely sleeping right now, especially Conrad." She responds.

That brought me to an amazing idea.

"Belly, today I'll teach you how to wake someone up in the most valid way."

Belly's look was skeptical. "oh god."

We rush to the beach house and grab a music box, those JBL ones and grab a bottle of water.

We quietly walk up the stairs to Jeremiah's room and slowly open his bedroom door. The position he was sleeping in was so questionable that it almost made us laugh.

"Belly, turn the music on" I whisper so that my talking wouldn't wake up Jeremiah instead of the music box. 
She nods and smiles at me pressing on play.

The music box starts playing Get lucky by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers

Belly turns the music on full volume and I'm holding the speaker. She's holding the bottle of water.

Jeremiah instantly woke up in shock and screamed. Belly spilt the bottle of water on his face.
"What the fuck Belly?!" He shouts aggressively.
We continue laughing. "You sound like a fucking girl when you scream!" I say.

Jeremiah realises that not only Belly is in the room.
"Jules?" He immediately recognised my voice and rubbed his eyes.
"That's me." I reply.

"Oh my god when did you get here?!" He gets up from his bed and hugs me.
"Like ten minutes ago..." Belly awnsers for me.

"What the fuck is happening here?" Conrad walks in Jeremiah's room and notices me.
"Hii Conrad!" I wave at him.

"Jules!! Hello" he says and hugs me. "I see you guys woke up Jere in an interesting way. Thank god I woke up before you did that to me too or else I'd actually be pissed." He smiles.

"Yeah you were really lucky this time" Belly ruffles his hair.