4.

A/N
hi!!! if you are reading this as someone who has been an active reader since i started this story i highly recommend you go back and re-read the prelude and the end of chapter three before continuing the story! 
I changed the storyline and recast a TON of characters! happy reading :]

❝ 𝖨 𝖶𝖮𝖭'𝖳 𝖠𝖭𝖭𝖮𝖴𝖭𝖢𝖤 𝖬𝖸 𝖲𝖧𝖤𝖤𝖱 𝖣𝖤𝖲𝖢𝖤𝖭𝖳,
𝖡𝖴𝖳 𝖧𝖮𝖫𝖸 𝖥𝖴𝖢𝖪 𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱𝖤 𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖫 𝖡𝖤 𝖲𝖨𝖦𝖭𝖲. . ❞

Ross and Michonne managed to hobble to the prison before the sun set. There was walkers surrounding the gate, so Michonne fended them off while Ross tried to catch the attention of Rick and Daryl in the distance. By the time they had arrived, Michonne was in just as bad of shape as he was; her injured leg was weighing her down more than she was letting on.

"Rick! Daryl!" He screams, banging on the fence as he holds his wound. He could tell they noticed him immediately, and it gave him deja vu to when he first arrived. As soon as he knew they were on their way, he pulled out the knife he brought with him to help Michonne fend off walkers as best he could.

He had killed a couple before the gate was thrown open and Daryl firing a couple of bolts from his crossbow before Ross feels someone grab him, quickly recognizing the person as Rick. He was dragged inside the gates somewhat aggressively, but he somewhat recognized Michonne being left behind in the flurry of movement.

"Come on, Michonne!" He yells, reaching for the woman and grabbing Rick's shoulder to beg him to hold the gate for her. "Come on!"

She whips around to look at him, her face washing over with relief as she shuffles in just as the gate slaps closed.

The four stand silent for a few seconds, catching their breath as walkers gather around the gate. Ross hisses and feels his shirt, looking down to see that his wound hadn't bled through the shirt but was definitely wetting the bandage.

Rick approaches his nephew, grabbing him by the shoulders and looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. Ross knew what he was looking for, as the man just lost his wife, and nodded in return. It was only him and Carl and the baby left.

"You're okay?" Rick asks as he scans him up and down.

Ross huffs a shaky breath, "Yeah, my cut opened and I need Hershel to look at it but I think I'll be fine. Glenn and Maggie were taken," He stops talking to look over at Michonne. "She saved my life and she knows everything I don't about, uh..."

"Merle." She cuts in and looks between the two men. The name makes them both reel back in something of shock and disgust. A man named Merle abducted two of your people to take to a town called Woodbury."

"Come— Come inside," Rick mutters, bringing an arm around Ross to help him up to the inside of the prison. Daryl follows behind Michonne wearily, his normal defensive scowl somehow intensified as they make their way into the cell block that their group occupied.

The inside of the prison felt different than it had when Ross had left. Maybe it was just the absence of the two closest friends he'd made so far, but something told him there was something else he'd missed. Everyone's eyes were shifty, hesitating around Rick like he was a loose grenade.

Ross quickly sat down at one of the tables as Beth approached him, her father hot on her tail. "What happened? Where's Glenn and Maggie?"