Part 1: The Beginning

1990:

A mid twenty year old girl in a bright red dress that goes down to her ankles holds her purse as she stares into the window of the local ice cream parlor. She wonders if the handsome boy name Jack Collins, whom she's been watching for the past month would ever notice her. She remembers that he was agreed above her in her public high school. He was the captain of the football team, and unlike the others on the team he was very nice and kind to all, even the nerds.

She has decided that she has had enough. She had to at least say hi to him. She walked into the ice cream parlor and flipped her hair slightly to the left. When the handsome Jack got up to throw away the rest of his melted ice cream he didn't see that she was behind him, getting the ice cream on her beautiful new red dress. Jack quickly got napkins and started to help the girl wipe the ice cream off her dress.

" Oh, I'm so sorry miss. Is there anything else I could do for you?" Jack asked the girl. "No, it's fine." she replied. "Well at least tell me your name." Jack asked "My name is Jessica." from that moment on the two realized that from that moment on to be together until the day they died.

2010:

It has been exactly twenty years since Jack and Jessica were married. They were having a huge party in celebration. There would be balloons, cake, many guests, loud music, and lots more fun things truly making it a party. Jane was so excited for the past sixteen years of her life she had watched parents loved each other and her, always keeping the love alive.

It was always a very nice and perfect life. Jane walked into her kitchen after she walked home from school, she was so excited the school year would end in a bit more than a month. Jane couldn't wait for the fun times that you would have with her friends and her parents.

"Hey, Jane." called Jessica "How was school honey?" Jane replied with "Fine, nothing to important. I just wish it would be over. You know, so I could spend more time with you and Dad, and my friends." Jessica nodded her head yes and said " I can't wait till the summer either. Yes I know I don't work, but still it gets awful lonely during the day without you or your father. Do you have any homework, you do you should do it now you won't want to have to the party." Jane nodded her head yes and said "I only have algebra , I'll be done pretty soon." With that Jane went up stairs to her room to do her homework.

After a few hours Jane came down
stairs to join the party, her dad worked until 6:00, and he normally got home at 6:30. It was 6:47, there must be bad traffic Jane and Jessica both thought. Jack would be home any minute now. However, that minute became more then thirty. Jack had never been this late before . At around 7:25 there was finally a knock at the door. Jessica opened not to see her husband but a cop. "Is this the Collins household?" he asked "Yes, why are you hear. Did we get complaints? I'll turn the music down I promise, its just my 20th anniversary so..." the officer replied " I'm sorry to tell you this, but your husband is dead."

One Month Later:

It's been 1 month since the tragic event happened. Jessica and Jane were in hot water, not only did there sore of money leave them but they now we're in huge financial debt. Jack was a very good man but he did have a small problem with gambling. The two girls now we're broke and they didn't know what to do. Fortunately for them one of Jack's best friends Lance Bright was an accountant.

Lance visited them last week and told them that the girls would be bankrupt if Jessica doesn't get a job or if they don't move to a smaller and cheaper house as well as take in roommates. With this sad news Lance told the two girls that if they ever need him just call and also he would try to find them a roommate. Jessica was so depressed, but she knew she'd have to get over it for Jane.

Jessica and Jane finished packing, they then got into their car and drove their way to the small town of Kingston Falls Connecticut. They hoped that this new small town would put their past behind them.

They finally got to their new house after a long and tiring ride. Jessica and Jane stepped out of the car and went to the door. The outside of the house seems small and petite, but it was a nice shade of blue and the grass is very green. Jessica had always wanted to have a garden, maybe she can start one the summer. It could be something to get her mind off her late husband.

The two girls we're very surprised when they saw a man with black hair very tan skin wearing glasses that covered his gray/bluish eyes siting on the couch that was earlier transported to the house from their old house in Thomasville. "Jane go back to the car and call the cops." Jessica whispered to her daughter "Why?" Jane asked "Because that man is a stranger who seems to have broken into our new house." Jessica answered "Oh, I forgot to tell you." Jane continued " Lance, daddy's friend said that our roommate would be here before us."

The man turned "Oh, I guess you're my roommates that Mr.Bright told me about." "Yes, I'm Jessica and this is my daughter Jane. It's so nice to meet you, and you are?" Jessica asked "My name is Jacob, Jacob Ross. It's nice to meet you two too. I guess we'll be the "new family" now."

Next Time On Tales Of Horror: Bitten #1:

Some neighbors introduce themselves to the "new family". Jane starts her last month of school and meets a new friend. Lilly Mall (the maid) introduces herself to the family.