Chapter 1:conflict

Arthur's POV:
————————
"Arthur come down for breakfast" shouted my mother "I'm coming mother" I replied as I hurried down the stairs, when I got down the stairs, I was shocked to see my father, father walking across the halls with the other two clan leaders water and air. I was still in shock as I saw father slowly turn to him and signal him to go away I nodded my head,bowed and ran down the hallway to go to the dining room.
When I got to the dining room, I saw my mother and -2000 YOUNG LADIES STANDING THERE WAITING FOR ME! "Arthur, you have to pick a bride so the fire nation can be stronger,I picked up these young ladies by hand" Mom said, staring blankly, with no emotion or eyes, which made it even more intimidating for me "but mother, I don't even know a thing about these ladies" mother nodded at my words, "but son you need to pick a bride. I don't even know if me, and your father are going to even make it out of the wa- "

"HA" a loud chuckle cut my mother off. It was my father entering the room and laughing. "0h my did you really think that I would let you fight?" He said still chuckling
"You are nothing but a wife and if you're going to the war the only thing that should be good at is cooking food!" my mother opened her mouth to speak, but closed it quickly, wanting to avoid anymore conflict. I look at my father and said "father why can't mother fight, she is good at doing many different things she can help you polish the swords she can even help you work out and you should have seen her lift up th-"

"lift up? Are you telling me that you did dirty work?" He said with a sudden change of tone "No wonder you have been so weak lately maybe I married your sister instead" he said with a cocky voice I look backed up my mother to see her fist clenched. She was biting her lip looking like she wanted to just scream, but she never did it. My mother never her raise voice or her hands at anyone she avoided as much conflict as she could with my father, but my father always wanted it. " you're so pathetic." My father said to her as he went to sit down to eat breakfast he dismissed all the ladies there so he could eat in peace. " so my son, I think it's best. If you join me in the war," he said breaking the silence " since you're going to be king one day, you will need to experience it firsthand you can't just hear about it in the books" he said, insisting that I go with him " Ethan he's just a little-" my father gave my mother the death glare as she had used his real name instead of king or my Lord " are you talking back to me?" my father asked, jerking his head forward at her making my mother flinch a bit.

"No, I would neve-" my mother tried to defend herself it was cut off by my father yelling at her, "DONT YOU EVER SPEAK BACK TO ME AND JUST SHUT UP AND SIT STILL" my father yelled at my mother, I instantly started to heat up with the rage. How dare he talk to my mother like that? I looked up at my mother, and she was tearing up. She look like she was choking. Or like she was in distress."sorry" she whispered my father looked at her. " You should be ashamed of yourself for what you did" ignoring her feelings he didn't even make eye contact with her. My father, corrupt and stormed out the dining room, a little after my mom got up and gave me a pic on my forehead as she walk to the garden. I could hear her sobbing and it made my heart break I never want to her my mother crying
————————————
narrator: why hello dear reader I hope you enjoyed this part of the past. See you next time~
Word count 703