Chapter 3: 🚫Defiance for a Queen👑

(A/N: I just want to address that as of now, Narissa is the fiancé of King Orion. I don't know yet when I'll have them get married.)

As the morning light peered through the king's bedroom windows, Narissa found herself hissing in protest at the light, not having been used to such a thing for over a decade. The low rumble from beneath her and the tightened grip around her waist confused her for a moment before its owner spoke.

"Not used to the sun, huh?" Orion asked, amusement shining in his eyes as he looked down at the love of his life.

"No shit, sherlock. That hellhole had a stupid gray cloud over it all the time. That's probably why I'm so pale." Groaned Narissa.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure to fix that right up. You're safe now, mi vida." Orion sighed, placing a kiss on her head. The couple soaked in what they could of each other, years of not being able to hold the other catching up to them. However, the moment was ruined by a knock on the door, followed by a blonde head peeking through, revealing Vincent.

"I didn't say you could enter, Vince." Orion glared at the blonde, who only smirked upon entering in reply.

"I only came to ask if you two shall be having breakfast in the dining hall or if I should have the servants bring it up for you?" Asked Vincent.

"We'll have it in the dining hall." Orion answered, earning a nod from his advisor.

"Thanks, Vincent." Narissa grumbled, her head still pressed into her lover's chest.

"Of course, my queen. I'll let the cooks know." Vincent nodded at them both, shooting his king a cheeky wink before leaving them alone.

"He's already calling me his queen." Narissa beamed up at her fiancé.

"Of course he is, he respects you just as I do." Orion replied before getting out of bed. Narissa didn't say anything afterwards, pressing her lips together in contemplation before getting out of bed as well.

                                                                                           ~Time Skip~

"So today's day consists of speaking with some of Zepheria's citizens about improvements they'd like or need to be done around the kingdom, followed by lunch with the White Queen of Wonderland and the king and queen of Maldonia to discuss trades. After that you'll have a break." Vincent described as he went over the schedule for the royals while the three of them had breakfast.

"Sounds simple enough." Orion shrugged before taking a sip of his grapefruit juice.

"You think you can handle it, mi amour?" He asked, his voice swimming in amusement as he looked at Narissa.

"Need I remind you I ruled a kingdom for twenty years on my own, darling. I think I can handle this." She replied with a smirk. After fishing breakfast, the royal couple-along with Vincent-headed off to the throne room where the meeting would commence with some nobles and other citizens of the kingdom.

XXX

"This is Senor Antonio Torres. Him and his family are nobles that have a long history of dealing with magical artifacts and cursed objects from around the world. He oversees the magical artifacts that our kingdom possesses and even discovers new ones through explorations he arranges." Vincent explains, introducing the middle aged Latino man next to him to the royal couple.

"It's a pleasure to meet our kingdom's new and future queen. I look forward to working with you, Lady Narissa." Antonio declared, presenting a bouquet of white and black dahlias to the small staircase before the throne.

"As do I, Senor. And the pleasure is all mine." Narissa nodded, a faint smile on her lips. For the next hour, people from the kingdom, nobles and regular citizens alike came to greet, welcome, and exchange their concerns as well as gifts to the king and future queen. Everything seemed to be going well until one person became troubled, not being able to keep their thoughts to themselves.

"You people are really okay with our queen being a villain? She tried to kill her step-son and Giselle!" The man yelled, stepping forward and harshly pointing at Narissa. "She doesn't know us, our traditions, our culture, nothing! She probably can't even speak Spanish or Greek!" The man continued as everyone stared at him in confusion and awe; confusion because he was yelling, pointing, and speaking ill of the future queen in front of his king, a feat most would deem him off his rockers for doing and awe because of his boldness to demonstrate such actions of rebellion, ultimately declaring that the king's choice of not only spouse but ruler of their kingdom was a bad one.

"I will NOT stand by and let this...this witch rule our home!" The man yelled, chest heaving up and down in rage before hurdling a tomato at Narissa, the fruit landing on her face in a harsh splat. A collection of gasps rang about the throne room, while the metal clanks of heavy armor echoed in the following pursuit as the guards went to seize the man.

"I would think that you would have more common sense of decency to not insult me in my own castle, but-" Narissa interrupted, cutting off the fury in her fiancé's voice by placing her hand on his chest before standing up gracefully.

"I'll have you and anyone who opposes me understand this. I was a queen long before I was a villain. The kingdom of Andalasia thrived under my reign as its queen and so will Zepheria. You and some others may not like the idea of me being your queen, but at the end of the day that decision does not rest with you. And you will do so to think of things thoroughly before speaking ill of me or your king when not addressed," She declared before turning to the rest of the citizens in the room.

"I love Zepheria and always have since I was young. I only want the best for it and its people. If there are complaints that need listening, then I shall listen. Being a good queen doesn't always mean being a nice queen, but as long as you respect me, then I shall respect you in return." She announced, grace and authority booming in her voice.

Soon a round of applause was given for her as she made her way back to the throne beside Orion. The said king held a proud smirk on his face as lust, love, and admiration shone through his eyes. As their eyes met, a faint blush crept on Narissa's cheeks as she unsuccessfully willed her body to not react to his gaze.

'That's my girl.' He thought to himself.

"Now, my love, where were we?" Narissa asked and soon everything resumed its order. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Heyy guys! Sorry for the late update, but I hope you like this chapter.

I wanted to showcase a little of the Orion and Narissa (Nion/Orissa) relationship especially since they've been away from each other for so long (#F!ckKingAdam). 

Let me know your thoughts, but also for the next chapter could you tell me in the comments what you guys usually do for family game nights/quality family time, if you guys do those things?

Here is Narissa's dress for the day:

See you in the next chapter!

~XoXo Queenie