Backstory

"What would you like?" a voice brings me out of my washing machine of a brain. I look up and see a man with his hair dangling in front of his chocolate eyes.

"Surprise me"

The man gives me a confused look but continues to mix a shot glass with what I assume is tonic water and vodka. He slides the glass over to me and I slam it back. "Thank you" I say but he only glances behind me and walks to tend to the others.

I assume he's the owner so he must be Harry. I retreat back into my trance before the man of the hour slides into the chair next to me.

"I thought we agreed on a quiet location" the voice says but I don't have to turn to know it's Thomas. "And I thought you'd be dead by now".

—— 2 years ago

Spending hours in my bed crying over the fact that I'll never be just y/n, l,n and that I'm now a fucking Shelby. I hate my life. I hate how quick my dad jumped at the idea to ship me off across the country to dirty Birmingham just so he could get a couple bucks to blow on another house for one of his whores. I always wanted to leave but not like this.

"Thomas is a respectable businessman and he promised us millions. Besides he is very handsome so I'm sure you won't mind at all". I wouldn't exactly use the words respectable based on the rumors I've been told.

"I will go and when I do I don't what to ever hear from you again". I slam the door shut and make my way to the train. I would have run away but I know they will find me no matter where I go.

—- 5 hours later

I ring the doorbell and a man swings the door open with a whiskey bottle in the other.

"Good evening Ms Shelby I'm Arthur ya new bro" he bursts out with laughter but doesn't think it's funny when I pull my gun out .

"I'm looking for Thomas" I yell holding my gun straight to his forehead. A man with lightning blue eyes and a hat just like Arthur's steps from the corner.

"No need for guns" he says and the gun is taken from me by my new brother in law before I can even reply. He grabs me by my arm and drags to me to a room that looks fit to be an office and a cell. The other man comes in and takes a seat in front of me before dismissing Arthur. "Let's cut to the chase than" the man starts, " "You hate me, trust me I get it but we both need this marriage so let's just get on with it so we can continue our lives eh." I stare at the man I assume to be my future husband dumbfounded. My plan was to shoot him in his face to get rid of any debt and leave but l guess if will be a bit harder than that.