04 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓

THE BEST UNIT

Kuroo lets out a nervous and self-conscious laugh, trying to diffuse the situation. "It's just a little misunderstanding," he says, brushing the hair away from his right eye and trying hard not to fumble his words. "I guess I talk too much during... intimate times."

You give him a skeptical look, not entirely convinced by his explanation. "Seriously? It sounded like you two were having a full blown argument in there! And don't get me started on what I heard before that!" you retort, the encounter still puzzling you along with the sounds that emanated from your bedroom. And then there's the news that Kuroo is a virgin.

It's probably because he talks too much during his so-called 'intimate times'.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Kuroo attempts to ease his embarrassment. "I didn't think it was that bad," he admits, and his awkward chuckles make a return.

"Not only did you make suspicious noises after promising you wouldn't, but you also lied." At the mention of a lie, Kuroo raises a brow. "No romantic conquests?" Then, his lips form a silent oh as the realization hits him. "We both just witnessed one of them running out of your place like her life depended on it."

"Yeah, about that," Kuroo tries to defend himself, "It's not the first time that's happened to me."

His statement fails to save him, only making matters worse. You can't help but feel shocked. "Are you serious? I can't believe you!"

"Hey!" He raises his hands up in defense, "I'm just trying to be honest!"

"Yeah, you better be," you cross your arms over your chest and shake your head in disappointment. How many girls has he been with? "Who was that, anyway?"

Kuroo's smile falters, realizing he doesn't even know the runaway girl's name. "Okay, okay, to be honest..." he braces himself for a potential backlash from you, "I don't really remember her name."

Your face scrunches in pure confusion. "And the virgin thing?" you inquire, knowing well that it's none of your business, but you allow yourself to be nosy since he was the one who interrupted your sleep.

With his cheeks turning a dark shade of pink, Kuroo looks down, trying to hide his blush. It's only now that he notices all of the lipstick prints covering his skinn, and the fact that he's almost naked. "It's not like I've done other things," his voice is low and cautious. "But, something always stops me from going all the way, if you know what I mean."

His vulnerability leaves you feeling a mix of uncertainty and curiosity. It's like you're grappling with conflicting impressions. Is he truthful and genuine, or is he just trying to hide his true colours?

During the day, Kuroo was friendly and eager to show you around and help unpack. But during the night, he's a completely different person than what he presents himself to be.

A moment of contemplation stretches, punctuated by your musings. "I know what you mean," you reply, hoping to ease his discomfort. "But, now I have so many questions. It feels like I'm talking to a different Kuroo than the one who knocked on my door earlier."

Kuroo cringes, more to himself and because of himself. "Dang. All because a girl ran out of my place?"

"Yes, but also because of the noises and the way you're literally covered in her lipstick," you remark, noting the crimson smears adorning his skin. You find yourself stuck between not being surprised by Kuroo's playboy tendencies and simultaneously refusing to entirely accept it.