P. S : everything will be in English except for Y/n and her parents lines in the earlier chapters. Do keep in mind, Y/n is monolingual (she only speaks one language). But for her pov, I want you guys to imagine that it's told in french though it's written in English. Not to worry, I will also put a translation right below their lines:D

Y/n's POV

“Quoi?! C’est là que j’ai grandi” I argued, my Mother walking towards me

t : what?! this is where I grew up in

“Je sais ma chérie, mais je t’ai déjà dit que nous déménagerions après quelques mois à cause de mon nouveau travail, et ce ne sera qu’une question de temps puis nous reviendrons ici amour” Mom consoled, I had nothing else to say. She had already booked out flights, even Dad couldn't do anything but support Mom.

T : I know darling, but I already told you we would move after a few months because of my new work, and it'll only be a matter of time then we'll come back here love

We were leaving my hometown, the place I lived my whole life in. It was all so sudden, but because I respect and support her, I didn't protest any longer.

What was I going to do? We leave tomorrow and very early. I don't even get to say goodbye to my friends here.

I slumped down to a chair next to Dad, he just patted me on the shoulder and gave a sad smile.

-------------

That was the night before, it's now a new day.

I know France isn't that far from London, but I know we'll be there for some time. Or if Mom was told to stay, we might even be there permanently.

We can also visit but taking the train  every week is going to be a hassle, I don't even know how often we could. Considering both of my parents are busy nowadays. And I'd probably be at school too.

I don't even know what to think of expect when I get there, I just can't comprehend the situation as of now.

The time ticked faster than usual, and the next thing happening, the three of us were standing in front of our mansion, saying goodbye.

Then we were off to London.

-------------

It's been a day, Mother, Father and I are now settling into our new place.

It wasn't much of a difference from our old one, but it was slightly bigger

Nonetheless, Mother and Father had a few schools in mind, that might send me letters soon.

Both my parents come from a magical school called Ilvermorny and graduated there. So yes, my parents are magical. Born and raised in the wizarding world, we were also in the line of pure-bloods.

You might be wondering, why wasn't I raised in the world they grew up in.  Well, as simple as it seems, they just want me away from the harm that was within.

It was dark times, it led them to flee. And by then, some of our relatives came too. Thus, we lived in France.

Dad and Mom had received my letters too, and I knew of it. But I was already content on where I stood, so we turned it down.

After the first time, we didn't receive anymore. And if we did, we just write a letter back

Though, they didn't have a doubt that I would get a invitation again this year. Majority has known our return.

I was quite curious on the acceptance letters I'd get this year and what school I'd end up choosing.

Considerably, nearly all of our ancestors went to Ilvermorny and finished there, while some picked other magical schools.

Yet, they are expecting Hogwarts the most. That it would be perfect for me.

They have told me that some of our ancestors choosed to study there, not to mention most of their good friends studied there, and numerous has sent their children in the same school. That I might get along with and fit in with.

Even so, I can never forget my friends from France, but having new ones won't hurt right? It's just that everything is all new. I'm all foreign here, and I don't speak a word of English.

I know a little but I don't speak it at all.

-------------

The following day, we all decided to walk around the city and for Mom and Dad to catch up with old friends.

-------------

"Chérie, veux-tu quelque chose ou vas-tu quelque part?" Father asked, we were now sitting a cafe with some of Dad and Mom's friends from their school years. I was getting a little tired and bored, I've decided I'd look for a book shop

T : Sweetheart, do you want anything or go anywhere?

"Cela vous dérange-t-il si je trouve des livres?" I asked

T : Do you mind if I find some books?

"Pas du tout, excusez-vous simplement auprès de votre Mère, mon amour." he smiled

T : Not at all, just excuse yourself to your Mother, love.

"Tout le monde, excusez-moi, j'aimerais me promener dans les rues de Londres" I say, flashing everyone a smile and started walking away

T : Everyone, may you excuse me, I'd like to roam around the streets of london

"Does your daughter speak English, F/n?"

"No she doesn't, she's monolingual"

That was the last thing I heard before I stepped outside, I didn't understand much, but I did understand the monolingual part. I think.

As if the world was reading my mind, a book shop was right down the street, and I couldn't be more excited to go there.

It didn't take long to get there, the next second I was already inside. It was heaven for me, I love to read and back in France, almost all of the books in our library, I have already read.

And now, I have plenty of options. Books were everywhere, with different genres and big tall bookshelves. It was a dream, and I could see myself visiting often.

WORD COUNT : 1,017