The Hooded Stranger, Next To The Flowers

Mr Robinson stood opposite the Flowers, at the scene of his Brothers gruesome death. A shooting. Wrong place, wrong time kind of murder.

The same time, every Monday, he visited the scene. Each time, placing a fresh bunch of flowers on the ground, where his Brother took his final breath.

11pm. Sometimes 11.05.

He liked to visit when the Moonlight was strong enough to light up the scene; yet it was quiet enough for his words not to be heard.

However, tonight.. he was not alone in his grief.

A figure walked towards the scene and stood beside him.
A tall figure; broad shoulders; with the hood of their oversized jacket hiding every facial feature.

"Did you know my Brother well?"

The grieving Brother asked.

The Hooded stranger let out a long sigh.. and answered,

"Yes I did".

The voice was deep, yet soothing. All the time, starring straight ahead. Perhaps admiring the flowers, perhaps bathing in the memories of the times spent with the deceased Brother.

The Moon seemed closer tonight, as if it was a spotlight for the flowers, and their visitors.

"I miss him greatly".

The grieving Brother wept.

The Hooded figure turned their head slightly, towards the grieving Brother.

"You never listen do you?"

The Hooded figure replied.

The grieving Brother turned his head swiftly, confused by this response.

"Excuse me?"

He quietly and nervously mumbled.

"How many times did he tell you to stop doing what you were doing?, how many times did he tell you to stop hanging around with those thugs before someone gets hurt?"

The grieving Brother was frozen. His body started to shake unconditionally.

"Who..are..you?"

He stuttered.

The figure removed their hood and faced the grieving Brother. The Moonlight lit up his face, revealing the bullet wound on his forehead.

Urine trickled down the grieving Brother's leg. His eyes became wider than what seemed to be humanly possible. The colour in his cheeks faded. A singular tear released from his left eye.

The Hooded stranger - was a stranger no more.
He smiled an eerie, soulless grin.
He bent down to pick up the bouquet that was placed there by the grieving Brother,
Deeply inhaling the fragrance.

The grieving Brother's mouth widened, yet unable to make a sound.

The 'stranger no more' walked away, away from his killer, reversing into the Moonlight, whispering..

"Thanks for the Flowers Bro".