6- Life at it's fullest

Monty and Harper (the gf) ⬆️

I kept thinking about Octavia. I stayed for two hours at her apartment yesterday, and we talked and laughed the whole time. I learned a lot about her. For example, she did fencing and archery and always said archery was highly underrated. Like Finn, she took up any opportunity to do things she had never done before. Cooped up all her childhood, she said she wanted to 'experience life at its fullest.' I hadn't called Raven last night, but I fell asleep fast after the emotionally packed day.

I sat with Raven in the school hall the following day, waiting for classes to begin.

"Oh! I just remembered. I had to tell you something." I lifted my eyebrows at her. "Well, you know that guy in the robotics club I told you about?

"Which one ?" I asked.

"Well, you know, the only guy who actually talked to me."

"Oh yeah, the one you said was cute..." I remembered and nudged her playfully.

"No, Clarke." she groaned. "The one who was cute but had a girlfriend. Monty."

"He won't soon enough." I smirked playfully. She stared at me silently for a moment, and I worried I had said something I shouldn't have. She didn't say anything but forced a laugh and cleared her throat.

"Anyway, it turns out his best friend is Jasper Jordan!" I smiled at the coincidence, though I was not surprised, as I already knew Jasper was at our school. She frowned at my calm, non-shocked expression.

"You do know Jas?"

"Yes, yes, of course." I assured her.

"He goes to this school!" She exclaimed again, waiting for an amazed reaction from me. I nodded, chuckling.

"I know. I ate with him and his friends yesterday."

"What!" she was shocked. "And you didn't think to tell me ?"

"Well, what you had to say seemed more important." I apologised.

"I still want to know these things, Clarke! It's not because I talk a lot that you shouldn't." Her voice softened a little. "I care about you and how your day goes, especially when important things happen like you making new friends!"

The bell rang, catching us off guard. She gave me a quick hug before going to her next class, leaving me to think through what she had said.

Slowly, I got up, trying to recall what class I had next.

<3<3<3

I entered the cafeteria, this time with Raven by my side and much more confidence. We filled out trays and weaved through the tables to find seats. Someone called my name, and I quickly spotted Jasper and headed towards him, his friends, and who I supposed was Monty, who grinned when he saw Raven behind me.

On the other hand, Jasper did not look too pleased to see her and was stunned to see us together. Finn and Raven had been together for almost 3 years, but he had always told me that his feelings were different with her than with me and that I made him significantly more happy. It truly stung Raven when they ended, and out of rage, one of the stunts she had pulled was trying to turn his friends against him by telling lies behind his back. It had worked on some friends, but those on whom it didn't, ended up despising her for it.

We were greeted warmly and settled in the spare seats of the table.

"What's she doing here?" Jasper whispered in my ear. I looked at Raven, a few seats away, laughing at something Monty had said.

"Give her a second chance," I whispered back, "she's really not that bad. Besides, I was the one who stole her boyfriend." He glared at me briefly.

"That was Finn's fault. You did not know and bear absolutely no responsibility for his actions. Besides, it doesn't give her the right to say all those things about both of you." About the both of us? I knew unkind things had been voiced about him, but not me. He looked at her darkly again, and I gulped down, wondering exactly what she had said.

"So," my eyes flew over the rest of the table and back to Jasper's face. Eager to change the subject, I smiled and asked, "do you have a girlfriend?" He shook his head, chuckling. I grinned. "Well, do you fancy any of them?"

"Not any of these girls." He rested his head on his fist, his elbow on the table, and his gaze drifted to another table. I peeked over my shoulder at the girl-filled table he was staring at and recognised Octavia among them, talking with a gorgeous girl with flowing blond hair. Our eyes met, and she smiled widely. Her eyes shifted to the rest of our table and stopped where Monty and Raven sat.

Suddenly, she tapped her friend's wrist, pointing to us, and stood up with her tray.

"Did they just—" Jasper started. He exchanged looks with a nervous-looking Monty at the other side of the table.

The blond girl reached us first, wrapping her arms around Monty's neck from behind, whispering something in his ear. I quickly realised she was the infamous girlfriend Raven had told me about- what was her name again? Oh, Harper, I think. Monty sent a subtle pleading gaze to Jasper, who rolled his eyes and moved over a seat, followed by the rest of his neighbours, so his girlfriend could sit beside him. Octavia plopped down next to me, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, I didn't know you were friends with these guys! I was looking for you earlier, worried you were alone, but nah, you're in good hands!"

She beamed at Jasper, and he smiled back nervously. Octavia glanced down at our now empty plates.

"Well, I see you're finished eating." She bit her lip, now addressing the whole table. "Who wants to go do something fun?" She lifted her eyebrows mischievously.

"It depends," I answered hesitantly, "Should I be worried?" Jasper answered instead.

"Always be worried with Octavia." We laughed and got up, following Octavia out of the cafeteria.

Hiiiii

Short chapter, but the next one will be longer, I promise! Anyway, Monty and his girlfriend are in the game! Where do you think they are going? Drop your ideas in the comments... 🙃

Ok bye!

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote, comment and follow me!

Xoxo,

HR⁠