Chapter One

PRECIOUS

I looked at everyone gathered in the hall decorated with flowers and colorful lights, happiness radiating within me as the joy of being a happy pack puts a smile on my face.

"Precious, come over here. What are you thinking about?" Emily, my Alpha's daughter and closest friend in the pack called out to me, her voice cheerful that I immediately knew that she was up to something.

I turned to look at her and her face immediately changed to a crimson red, filling up her beautiful face. I arched my brow and smiled. "News? From the tone of your tone, I already detect it to be good."

Emily's smile widened, revealing a set white of teeth and I walked towards where she sat amongst her family. When I tried to sit down, she stood up in an instant and grabbed my hand, before dragging me away from everyone else.

"What's wrong with you? Why the excitement...." I didn't get to finish before she clasped a hand on my mouth, deliberately stopping me from speaking more.

"Guess who I saw today?" She said, twirling around and her red curly hair bounced in the night sky. I snapped my finger at her, trying to bring her back to the world I was because I knew she was in her imaginary world.

"You know I'm not good at guessing so you can spill the beans now." I declared, my curiosity piqued at whatever she had to say. I was excited for her, she hadn't been this excited for a long while and it was a good thing that she has a reason to be now.

Emily rolled her eyes and flicked her hair. "I will tell you. I met the Alpha of the Blood Canine Pack. No, not the big Alpha but one of the sons. Ehm, yes, it's Duke."

I gulped. I wonder what she was so excited about because if situations were reversed and I was the person who met with him, I would be shivering in terror by now. Who didn't know about the Blood Canine Pack? They had the most fearsome and ruthless Alpha's. The main Alpha birthed his five demons who kept tormenting their pack members.

"And you are excited?" I could only ask, my mouth left open in an o shaped form. She could see the horror look on my face because she burst out laughing the next minute.

"Why wouldn't I be? He's the cutest guy I have ever met and the good thing is that he noticed me. He kept flirting with me and I felt so special. And the other good thing is that he even knows who I am." Emily said in one breath, her chest heaving up and down like she had just done a marathon race.

Even I knew how handsome the quintuplets were and she wasn't the only one who had fantasized about them. I had too and I believe most maidens do too. But being an omega and the daughter of a Beta, I knew I stood no chance. Emily was more beautiful than I was and she was in fact too an Alpha. Of course, if she said he noticed her, I wouldn't doubt her. No man can resist her beauty, it has been proven true countless of times. So many influential families had come to seek her hand in marriage but she had rejected them all. Well, you could not blame her when most of her suitors are well above 27 years old, whereas, we are yet to clock 18.