Chapter Four

PRECIOUS 

As the sun filtered through my room, its warm rays gently woke me up. Excitement and nerves fluttered within me; today was my birthday, and it meant two significant things. Firstly, I would finally get to meet my wolf, my lifelong companion and protector. And secondly, if fate smiled upon me, I might also find my mate.

As the morning light enveloped me, I stretched my limbs and felt a rush of energy coursing through my body. Today was the day, and I could hardly wait to see what destiny had in store for me. I knew I was different from the others; I am an omega without a pack, and I possessed an aura that seemed to captivate the Alpha Rodriguez and his sons, though not always in a positive way.

With anticipation in my heart, I got out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror. My golden hair cascaded down my back, and my hazel eyes shimmered with hope. I took a deep breath, knowing that whatever happened today, that I needed to be strong and brave.

As I made my way downstairs, I noticed the household was bustling with activities. The Alpha's sons were gathered around the dining table, conversing in hushed tones. I hesitated for a moment, my eyes glancing at each of them, before joining them. It's been two already spending time with them and all had been little demons except for Duke who was always kind towards me. 

"Good morning, everyone," I greeted, trying to keep my voice steady despite the butterflies fluttering in my tummy.

Nate, Tiger, Damon, Richmond, and Duke looked up, and their eyes met mine. Their expressions were unreadable, but I could feel the tension in the air. I sat down at the table with a mixed feeling of excitement and nervousness.

Alpha Rodriguez entered the room with a warm smile on his face. "Good morning, Precious. Happy birthday," he said kindly.

"Thank you, Alpha Rodriguez," I replied, feeling a sense of warmth from his words.

Breakfast proceeded quietly, and I noticed that all five brothers seemed lost in their thoughts. It was as if they were preoccupied with something beyond the birthday celebrations. Nonetheless, I decided not to pry and instead focused on enjoying the moment. It was after all their cup of tea and not mine. 

After breakfast, Alpha Rodriguez announced that he had a surprise for me and I wasn't surprised because all through the past two weeks of my stay here, he had been full of surprises and he treated me just like how he treated his rascal sons. "Come with me, Precious," he said, motioning for me to follow.