Chapter 18: The End

Abby's POV

We were numb.... This numb feeling was nothing like before. I felt close to death. Lily was laying across my lap and let out a few sobs every now and then. All I could do was rub her back or a shoulder when she did. Sam sat in front of the door still staring at the ground. He hadn't moved an inch but had stopped crying. I sat leaning against the wall and staring up at the ceiling.

We all knew we couldn't stay in here for long... But had no motivation to move. Our fate was set and we were going to die... Or be stuck here in forever torture... Like Sydney.... And Emma.

Emma had almost killed me. They didn't just disfigure her they messed with her brain. I didn't want to believe it was her at the time. She was always smiling for us and was so strong.

Sydney... Sydney was always there to teach me those things that she called 'life lessons'. She taught me things like how to pick a lock. How to perfect dad's signature so he wouldn't have to sign your bad test. She doesn't even know who we are anymore..... She'll die in here not even remembering who she was.

Dad.... Was out there for sure... With Candice and whatever that had possessed her body. Best case scenario is that he dies. Dad sacrificed himself for us. I remember being his only child that could take a hit like a man. I remember playing catch with him and how proud he was the first time I taught Shaggy a trick.

"We should go," Sam said in a whisper that broke the silence.

"Go where? We'll die anyway," I say. I'm tired of running. Lily stood up slowly and took my hand.

"Abby come on... We have to find daddy..." Lily said as she pulled me a little.

"Dad's dead and you know it.... Your smarter than that," I tell her as I snatch my hand back from her.

"... Please don't give up Abby.... I don't want to lose you," Lily begged and I could see her starting to cry again. I got up and took Lily's hand.

"Ok...." I tell her just to keep her from crying and the three of us walked out the room. The annoying silence filled the halls.

"Stay close," Sam says as he surveys the halls. The lights flicked and then went out. It was pitch dark.

"Lily turn your flash light on," I rushed her. Darkness was never a good sign.

"Ok," she turned the light on and held it up to shine down the hall ahead of us. The light shined onto about twenty our more pale faces with dark circles around their eyes. They had wide grins. I picked up Lily and Sam took my hand as we all ran down the left hallway. Sam was ahead of us and Lily was shining the light in the direction he was going.

"Faster!" Sam yelled desperately as we could hear them laughing and running after us.

"We're go to tear out you teeth! Oooone by ooone!"
"Come and play with us Liiiily!"
"YOUR NEVER GOING TO ESCAPE!"
"You'll be here forever and ever and EVER!"
"You belong to me pretty red head!"
"Saaaaaaammy don't you want to be with your family?"
"I can make a doll out of you! You sisters can be together forever!"
"YOUR NOT GETTING OUT!"

They just kept yelling these things to us as they chased us down.

"Stairs! I see stairs!" Sam yells and just at the end of the hall there was the stairs! In my eyes those old wooden stairs were more beautiful than the stairs to heaven.

Sam's POV

We were almost there! We could make it! Abby had did a sprint to the steps carrying Lily and I caught a glimpse of the hope in her eyes as she ran past me. She was half way up the steps by the time I got to the bottom of the steps.

"Come on Sam hurry up!!" She yelled back to me just as she opened the door and had Lily go out first. They were standing on the other side of the door screaming and yelling for me to hurry. I reached my hand out and I was just about two inches from it when the door had slammed in my face. I grabbed the knob to open it but it was lock!," Sam! Sam are you there!" Abby yelled and banged on the door.

"Open the door! Open it!" I started banging on the door but it faded, "why.." My only way out was now gone. I was grabbed my legs and pulled down the steps against my will. They pulled at me grabbing my hair and stepping on me.

"Get out of my way!!" I heard Candice yell and they all backed up in fear as she walked up to me with a grin. Her eyes were black and rimmed with red. Her hair had fallen out so much that there were only strands left. She was getting paler, "I needed a new body," she picks her skin off of her arm, "this one is dying."

"Why couldn't I leave?" I asked in a crying trembling voice. She laughed and kneeled in front of me. She got close and smelled of death.

"Because you were to slow," she stuck out her tongue that was black, long and covered in bumps. She licked up the side of my cheek, "you're going to be with us forever now," she whispered in my ear and stood up and the others all grabbed me and lifted me over their heads as they carried me off.

"NOOO! NO! JUST KILL ME PLEASE!" I screamed and struggled but they just laughed and laughed.

"Ring around a rosie," Candice started to sing as she walked down the hall behind us, "A pocket full of posies," she swayed her heard side to side slowly, "aaaaashes... Aaaaaashes," her eyes met mine and I no longer felt alone in my body or even in control of it.

"We all fall down!" I laughed. What? Do you still think this is Sam's body anymore? I'm using it for a while. Well at least until it dies.

I watched as Candice dropped dead. I can't wait to play another game. Will you come play next?