Chapter seven

Chapter seven

Kiaan turned off the engine and hopped out of the car before making a beeline towards the house which was of his in-laws. He waited for a few minutes outside the door, hand hovering over the doorbell and lips pursed tight. As the bell rang, he didn't have to wait long before the door opened and he found his wife staring at him with shock written all over her face.

Well, he did land here unannounced.

"Kon hai darwaze par, Avi?" He heard his mother-in-law's voice which caused Avika to step aside to let him enter.

(Who's at the door, Avi?)

She stuttered cutely as she replied, "A-Aap hi dekh lo kon hai." He chuckled at her answer and it brought a frown on her face.

(Y-You see for yourself who it is.)

"Aree Kiaan, aao aao. Khade kyu ho beta, baith jao." Ishika came into view as he watched her wipe her hands with the loose end of her saree. She then hit her daughter who turned and looked at her mother, bewildered. "Khadi kya hai? Jaa jaake pani leke aa."

(Oh Kiaan, welcome. Why are you standing, sit down.) (Why are you standing here? Go and bring water for him.)

Avika made a bad face and left not before stomping her feet like a child. It was getting harder for him to control his laugh by each passing minute because of her antics. When she was out of their sight, Ishika smiled as she sat in front of him, "How are you doing? And how is Parulji doing?" She questioned softly.

Kiaan smiled, "Sab thik hai, mummy. Aap bataiye, aapki tabiyat kesi hai?" As he asked her the question, Avika walked back with a glass in her hand. She grumpily pushed it in his direction and he took it with an amused expression.

(Everyone is fine, mom. You tell, how is your health?)

"I am doing fine, beta." Kiaan nodded but his sole focus was on the person staring at him with a calculating gaze. He raised his brows at her and she narrowed her eyes before mouthing what are you doing here which only made his lips twitch.

He smirked slightly and looked away, ignoring her question, knowing it would piss her off and focused back on the person sitting in front of him. Ishika was already staring at him with a knowing look and he felt his ears turning red from being caught.

"Are you here to take Avika back?" There was a teasing tone in her statement and Kiaan only gave her an embarrassed smile. It was only one in the afternoon and instead of being in his office, he was here because he wanted to see his wife.

Kiaan knew she was going to return home today but she never mentioned the time and neither did she message him about any other information. He could've called her or messaged her but that didn't sit right with him, hence, the reason he landed here without telling her anything.

"I will get something for you to eat. Till then Avika will take you to her room and you can freshen up." He didn't get the chance to refuse her because she immediately stood up and left.

When his eyes went on Avika, she had an annoyed look on her face as she tapped her foot continuously. "Aap aa rahe hai ya aapko invitation doon?" She said sarcastically and he stood up from the couch before following her to her room.

(Are you coming or should I give you an invitation?)

As soon as he entered her room, he heard the door click shut which made him turn. Avika stomped towards him until she was close enough that he could see count her eyelashes. His breath stuttered and he balled his fists at his sides to stop himself from touching her. Her scent had already invaded his senses and he had no idea till how long he could stay civil.