Hot Chocolate and Hugs

Chapter Synopsis: After her Mum kicks her out of the house Darcy knows she should go to Tara's but instead she ends up going to Nick's house, where he and Charlie are having a sleepover.

Darcy's POV:

The streets were dark and quiet as I ran out of the house carrying my school bag and another small bag, it was cold and the bitter wind made me wish I'd grabbed my coat from the coat hook. I walked towards the park and considered going in there and sleeping on a park bench but then I also knew I should go to Tara's house she'd hate to think of me sleeping rough and not going to her. I walked on past the park, past Truham school and also past Higgs as-well, as I walked away from the schools I came to a corner shop I was so hungry but I didn't have my purse with me, after walking for what felt like hours I came to a rather cute neighbourhood and I remembered that Nick lived somewhere round here. 

I pulled out my phone and looked on the group chat for his address and finally I found it, I walked along the pavement the light from the wall lamps outside the houses made me feel safe and protected as I came to the middle of the street I found Nick's house and I stood outside looking at the doorbell my hand went up to press it but I quickly pulled it away and repeated this a couple of times before finally pushing the door bell.

Nick's POV:

Myself and Charlie were having one of our weekly sleepovers where we watched movies, ate plenty of chocolate, played Mario go kart and of course kissed. We'd been watching the Lion king on Netflix Charlie had long since fallen asleep on my chest and the sound of his breathing made me feel happy, the movie had just finished and Charlie stirred slightly as I reached over to turn it off he looked at me and said 'Did I sleep through the whole movie' I smiled and said 'No of course not, you only missed the last hour'. 

Charlie was about to reply when the doorbell rang he looked at me and said 'Doesn't your mum have a key' I nodded and said 'Yeah she should do, but she's not meant to be back for another couple of hours. I'd better go and see who it is' Charlie got off the bed and agreed to go with me just to be on the safe side. 

I walked downstairs with Charlie Nellie got up from her basket and started Barking I turned around and said 'Nellie shush girl it's okay', I opened the door and myself and Charlie were both surprised to see Darcy stood on my doorstep. I cleared my throat and said 'Darcy is everything okay where's Tara' Darcy wiped away the tears from her eyes and under a shaky breath she said 'She doesn't know I'm here, my mum kicked me out because of my prom outfit' I stepped aside and said 'Oh Darcy I'm sorry, please come in. Go through to the living room'. 

Darcy's POV:

Nick's house was so warm and welcoming and his dog was so adorable she followed me into the living room and sat on the floor looking up at me. Charlie walked in carrying a tray with some colourful mugs on he set the tray down on the table and handed me the orange rainbow mug and said 'Here Hot chocolate will help with the chill' I took the mug from Charlie and he and Nick sat beside me on the sofa. 

Nick was the first to break the silence he softly said 'Darcy you don't have to tell us about what happened if you don't want to but I really think you should let Tara know where you are' I shook my head and said 'No I don't want Tara to know what my mum's like, I can go if you want'. Nick placed a comforting hand on my right shoulder and said 'No Darcy you don't have to go me and Charlie wouldn't sleep if we knew you were out there sleeping rough' Charlie turned to me and said 'Does your mum know your a lesbian' I shook my head slowly and said 'No I've never been able to tell her, she's always tried to find me a boyfriend. Not once has she asked me about my feelings or hugged me when I was feeling down'. 

I folded over and burst into tears and then I felt two pairs of warm arms wrap themselves around me. Once I'd stopped crying Nick picked up my bags and said 'Darcy come with me I'll show you where the spare room is and the bathroom as-well', I got up and followed Nick and Charlie upstairs and along the corridor past Nick's room Nick opened another door and said 'This is the spare room and the bathroom is just back there at the top of the landing, there's fresh towels in the wardrobe and extra blankets under the bed if you get cold'.