Don't give up Charlie.

Charlie's POV:

My alarm sounded on my phone waking me up from my pleasant dream involving me and Nick, I rolled out of bed and walked over to my window and pulled back the curtains revealing another wet Autumn day. Leaves in all shades of Orange, Red and brown were falling from the tree's landing on the pavement, my phone buzzed on my bedside table I quickly walked over and picked it up the screen lit up and I smiled seeing a message from Nick. 

I opened the message and smiled as I read the message "Good morning my love, I can't wait to see you today. Do you fancy coming round to mine tonight xx". I double tapped the message and then typed out my reply "Good morning my handsome boyfriend, same I can't wait to see you today as-well. And I would love to come round to yours tonight xx :)". 

My mum shouted upstairs for me to come downstairs and have some breakfast. I grabbed my back pack and shoes before heading downstairs to the kitchen, I sat at the table and started to eat my breakfast whilst I was sat eating my mum said 'Charlie don't forget that me and your dad are going to visit your gran at the care home this afternoon' I took a sip of my orange juice before saying 'Oh I said I'd go round to Nick's tonight after school, do I need to come'. Mum looked over her shoulder and softly said 'No that's okay sweetheart, I'll take you to see her at the weekend' 

After finishing my breakfast I left with Tori to go and catch the bus, as I sat listening to music I messaged Nick to say I was on the bus. Once I got off the bus I walked through the courtyard into the main building, I headed towards my form room as I walked in I saw Nick sat in his usual seat smiling at me, I quickly walked over and sat down beside him we looked at each other and I said 'Hi' and Nick smiled back before replying 'Hi'. 

The door opened and Mr Farouk walked in everyone quietened down as he pushed the door closed and sat down behind the desk and said 'Good morning, as you've probably guessed your tutor is unwell and I shall be covering for the week'. 

Most of the students found Mr Farouk abit intimidating and scary but myself and Nick quite liked him, he'd been very caring towards me when I passed out on the Paris trip. After taking the register Mr Farouk told us that this week was application week for head boy nominations, in my head I thought I could do that but I just didn't have the confidence to. 

Mr Farouk's POV:

Just as the first bell rang I watched Charlie and noticed how prepared he was for his lessons and also how kind he was towards his classmates despite everything he'd been through lately. I stood up and gathered the folders for my Science class and just as Charlie was about to walk out I said 'Charlie could I possibly have a chat with you, Nick why don't you wait outside we won't be a moment'. 

I turned back to Charlie who looked nervous I gave him a reassuring smile and said 'Don't look so nervous Charlie your not in trouble, there's something I wanted to talk to you about. I've noticed how much your confidence has grown over the past few months and I wondered if you'd considered putting in an application for head boy', Charlie looked at me clearly not feeling very confident he cleared his throat and said 'I had thought about it sir but I just don't think I'm very confident or a very popular choice amongst the other students'. 

I handed Charlie an application form and said 'Obviously the choice is yours but I will say this, don't give up Charlie you are a strong, intelligent, caring, bright young man and I think this a terrific opportunity for you. Now you'd better run to class'.