Set in Chrome {Chibs Telford}

Charming. The word itself used to describe something pleasing, something beautiful and almost irresistible. Its not hard to see why my home town was given such a name, it was, in every sense of the word, Charming. A place where everyday folks lived, learned, loved, worked everyday to climb the same ladder you and I do. Well, maybe more so you than myself. You would never guess that me, or my brother for that matter, were any different than any other kid growing up in such a charming place, aside from our family that is. When I thought about home, I thought about my mom, my brother, my dad, normal shit people think about when they want to get all emotional and relive childhoods. In that sense I'm the same.

I was 17 when I decided to leave home, my mom paid arm and leg for a better school two states over. It wasn't until I was a little older than I understood why she wanted me to leave my home so badly. My father was against it from the very beginning, saying that I would be just fine where we were. They would fight about it most nights, all I had to get me through all that was my brother. Jackson and me, we were thick as thieves when we were young. When our dads club would come around we were always treated like we were the kids of royalty. It was a good life looking back, good parents, never wanted for anything.

I pulled my black 1963 Harley Dyna Glide to the side of the road, stopping for a quick smoke and to check my phone for any missed calls. It was hot today, even wearing my thin, low cut, belly shirt and jean shorts with my riding boots. My dad would hate when I dressed like a biker chick, mom never said much about it, probably because it was what she dressed in everyday. She used to tell me "Baby, there is nothing sinful about a woman's body, and its hard to say but to get ahead in this world, you might need to show a little skin." I laughed to myself thinking about those words. In hindsight, probably not the best choice of words for a sixteen year old girl but, now, I'm glad she said what she did. I glanced at the time on my phone and sighed. I was still about two hours off from where I was headed, so I dropped the butt on my smoke, revved my bike and hit the road again.

While at a stop sign, sitting on my bike, I looked to my right. A little black sedan, blonde woman in the driver seat, a little girl in the back. I smiled when she looked at me from the back window and gave her a child-like wave. Her mother looked to me as well.

"Cute kid." I said with a kind smile. She just rolled her window up and ran the red light we were both stopped at for the moment. I chuckled to myself, yeah, I was getting close to home. I started on my way again, touching the ink on my chest for a moment. I smiled at the memory. My 20th birthday rolled around and my parents asked me if I had planned a visit anytime soon, I lied and said that I was already coming to visit. Truth was, I miss two weeks of classes for a visit short notice. I didn't mind, I wanted to come back and see everyone anyway. That was the year my dad took me out to get me first tattoo. Mom hated it, but I'll never forget the pride in my father's eyes seeing that name on my chest. "SAMCRO" I chuckled again and shook it from my mind. That was the last memory of my dad that I had clear in my mind. He died six months later in a horrible accident.

I didn't go to the funeral. Jax and me didn't speak for a long time after that, still don't really. The thought of just blowing right through Charming crossed my mind more than once. I didn't want to fight with him anymore. I just wanted my big brother back in my life, my mom too. I was tired of one phone call a month. When all is said and done, I missed my home. I missed the club, I missed my family.

~Charming Teller-Morrow mechanics~

Gemma Morrow sat in her office, going over the orders for the past couple days. Someone brought a blue coupe in and everyone was having trouble finding the receipts for the guy and he was started to get a little frustrated with all the confusion. At the moment, her and just a couple guys were around the shop that day on account of most of them being on a run for a few days, and still not do back for a few more. She wasn't worried about this jackass anyway, if there was anyone who could take care of Gemma, it was Gemma. She glanced out the window, the guy was obviously getting antsy as he waited by his car which he couldn't take home until he paid for the work, just a cleaning, waste of time to everyone there but they didn't turn money away.