c.1.

you were practically racing to the front door

it was because you couldn't contain your excitement, of course, but also because you were ten minutes late and the doors to the guests were about to close.

"i'm so sorry! i'm here! here's my invite information,"

you held your phone to the people watching the door, like bodyguards.

they, too, were wearing masks.

the two men were matching with suits and all.

it was most likely dress code.

"you may enter,"

they invited you inside.

the doors opened to a beautiful ballroom-like area were chandeliers where hanging high in the sky.

the only question in your mind was, "who had the money to afford this?"

the extremely rich k-pop stan you invited you was anonymous, and you don't know why you decided to accept a letter from a random person and just go to their house, but who cares?

this was a masquerade ball.

a masquerade ball made for k-pop stans like yourself to meet up with no identity to match a human being...at least for the night.

people flooded the ballroom as laughter, chatter, and wine glasses clinking echoed throughout the furnished building.

everyone had followed the dress code, making you feel less awkward about looking like a disney  princess but in a black dress and a mask.

none of your friends had been invited, so therefore you knew nobody here.

you took it upon yourself to just go over to the tables and get something to drink.

everyone was extremely friendly, and you grew comfortable to the environment after a while.

someone all the way up the royal-looking stairs grabbed a microphone and announced something.

"alright, everyone. we're going to start some random dance challenges in the center of the room soon! just a heads up, so get ready,"

you knew well that you couldn't dance, but you knew a lot of dances themselves.

"are you gonna go up there?"

a male voice asked from behind you.

"maybe. are you?"

"also a maybe,"

he ended up standing side-by-side to you, both just staring off into the distance.

"who's your favorite group?"

you blurted.

"probably day6 or stray kids. what about you?"

"also stray kids,"