first date!

AN: for background info, this one-shot takes place after steven and taylor both get back from cousins in season 2

also guys i am not ready for the season finale on thursday night... rain (for those of you who don't know, she's the actress who plays taylor) said that taylor is fully vulnerable with steven in the last episode SO I THINK WE'RE GETTING TAY TAY'S LOVE CONFESSION FOR STEVE-O

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

"i can't believe you're actually going on a date with my brother," belly said to taylor with a little giggle as she brushed through her hair.

taylor smiled and rolled her eyes. "yeah. it's not like it was my childhood dream or anything."

"you're a good person for giving him a second chance after what happened last summer. if he doesn't know that, then you should ditch him," belly said.

"to be fair, he's the one obsessed with me," taylor said. "i mean, of course i him, but when we were at cousins, he gave me like no personal space at all."

belly laughed. "it was cute when he had his arm around you at the golf course... oh, and, um, jeremiah told me about how you guys were dancing when he and conrad found you in the ballroom."

"noooo," taylor said with a humor-filled groan. "i really didn't know that steven was so good at flirting. i mean, don't get me wrong, i knew he was capable, but he seriously knows how to be rude sometimes."

belly shrugged. "probably not anymore. well, maybe, but not to you. he really really likes you."

"believe me, babe, i'm aware," taylor said as steven knocked on belly's bedroom door and asked, "tay tay, are you ready to go?"

taylor smiled at belly as they nodded in unison. "yeah, i'm ready," taylor said, opening the door.

steven's face melted into a smile and he held up pink roses. "these are for you," he said, kissing her cheek.

"ahhhh, not in my room, you don't," belly said, shooing them down the stairs with a little smirk on her face.

"so, steven, where are you taking me?" taylor asked as the two walked out to his car. he smiled and shrugged. "guess you'll have to see."

on the way to their destination, they sang lots of early 2000's songs, obviously including party in the USA

as they drove into the parking lot, steven started singing steal my girl to taylor. "everybody wanna steal my girl! everybody wanna take her heart away! couple billion in the whole wide world, find another one 'cause she belongs to me!"

taylor laughed as she sang along and said, "hey, in all fairness, you stole my heart from milo, soooo," she said with a smirk.

steven rolled his eyes and grinned. "aw, come on, taylor, you know you didn't even like him. you liked me the entire time!"

taylor shrugged and rolled her eyes. "sure, steven. sure."

after singing as loud as they could to a few more songs, steven got out of the car and opened taylor's door for her. "my ladyyy," he said, with a bow as he opened it.

taylor rolled her eyes and smiled before grabbing his hand and walking towards the coffee shop he had parked at. "wow, you know how to open a door for a girl! i'm impressed, steven!"

"uh-uh, tay tay," steven said, shaking his head and dragging her towards the woods, "we're going this way."

taylor raised her eyebrows. "we're seriously going in there?"

steven stood with his arms on her shoulders and whispered into her ear, "close your eyes, and trust me. i promise it's worth it. you're gonna love it."

"okay," taylor said with a questioning voice as she closed her eyes and let steven lead her through a clearing of mossy ground and countless trees. 

when they finally reached their destination, steven leaned back into her ear as he stood behind her and said, "open your eyes."

taylor squeezed her eyes tight before opening them slowly to find a perfectly picture-esq picnic set up by a crystal clear, sky-blue flowing river. "oh my god, steven, this is incredible. how long did it take you to set up?"

steven shrugged. "not that long, actually. do you wanna sit and eat?"

taylor smiled and rolled her eyes when she saw that he'd brought starbucks drinks out too. he knew her better than anyone. "i knew you'd want some kind of coffee, so i went to barnes and noble and got some this morning. it shouldn't be too bad 'cause i put it in a cold box."

"steven, this is by far the best first date i've ever had. thank you," she told him as she placed a hand on his thigh.

he smiled and leaned in to kiss her. "you have no idea how glad i am to hear you say that, tay tay. you're the best person in the world."