CH-56

_Kakashi_

After leaving the Hokage tower Kakashi got ready as fast as he could then reached their meet up point on time for once. Though he still felt a bit late due to the rest of the team seeming to have rushed even faster than he did and were clearly antsy to get ready; In fact, he could still remember their conversation they had before they left.

*Flash back*

"Ready to go?" Kakashi asked the team as soon as he reached them.

"Hai." They all immediately told him clearly wanting to rush out of the village.

"Good, Now I did get a location for where they are BUT let me remind you that these are S class ninja we are going after. We need a plan if we are going to have a chance at beating them." Kakashi told them completely serious. For while he was confident about his own skills he still knew that even with a team of B ranked ninja he didn't have too good of a chance.

"Actually Kakashi-sensei I have already thought of a plan." Shikamaru told him holding out a syringe.

"Hmm?" Kakashi mumbled confused but picked up the syringe.

"You see sensei as you know one of the two of them has an ability that seems to make him almost immortal while adding a strange attack…as you have read in our report. So, I am assuming that the man with him has a high chance of having some sort of weird ability that gives him 'immortality' as well. So, my plan currently is for us to drop in front of the ninja and do our best to distract them while you eventually sneak behind him as best as you can and use your famous jutsu to take care of the second or at least try to do so. Even if you don't it doesn't matter too much seeing as your goal instead is to use that syringe to get at least some blood from the man. After that we will fall back and let you fight against the cultist with the goal of making the blood collected seem to have come from you." Shikamaru explained with Kakashi nodding and putting the syringe into his pouch.

"Seems like a good idea but let's see if we can actually manage it. Though what is your plan for said cultist?" Kakashi asked not seeing any problem with the plan besides this obvious one. He then just saw Shikamaru gain an evil glint in his eye.

"Don't worry about that sensei. While you are fighting the freak to fake a cut I will leave and set up a special trap for taking care of that man." Shikamaru told him clearly wanting revenge.

"…ok but instead of you going by yourself take Choji or Ino with you…if the other somehow stays alive after I assassinate him and trick his teammate then it would be best for all of us to team up against each one of them. Remember we don't know what we are facing here." Kakashi told them making them all nod. "Okay, now let's head out." Kakashi ordered and their group sped off towards the enemy.

*Flashback end*

"He may be even lazier than I try to act but the kid does come up with some great ideas…I just hope he doesn't end up making some of the mistakes I did as a leader." Kakashi thought with a sad smile knowing that now that Asuma was dead Shikamaru will most likely be the one to take the mantel of leader of the team…seeing as he always ended up being their tactician anyways. He then refocused on the forest in front of him making sure that they saw the duo as soon as possible. For while he did get the location of them off the scanners only a fool would stay in one area of enemy territory for longer than a minute or two. So, he honestly expected it to take a while to find them in the first place.