07 : 13

CRUEL SUMMER : 13

Jeremiah ran towards the towels he had left, thank God it was still there. Jeremiah picked it up and started walking towards the pool again. He saw Steven as he set the towels down on the sun loungers, Jeremiah ran to Steven itching to tell him what had gone down with him, Jolene and Oliver.

"you guys didn't tell me Jo had a guy- friend." Jeremiah said inquiring in a much serious tone, Steven raised his eyebrows turning around to see Jeremiah standing there still shirtless.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You guys are her only guy friends?" Steven asked untypical as to what Jeremiah just said to him. Jeremiah sat down beside him making Steven inch away from him. Jeremiah stared directly into Steven's petty eyes.

"I just met him and it looks like he likes her." Jeremiah blurted out.

"Why do even care, are you jealous? Do you like my sister?" Steven crossed his arms making Jeremiah feel trapped just by the sheer thought of the questions he was bombarded with.

"No! What the hell dude, Jo is like a sister to me, and i wasn't aware that she ever had a guy friend, why didn't you know about that too?" Jeremiah joked about it with Steven chuckling. But for some reason something inside him kept telling himself that one thing he said was not quite true.

" Who the fuck even is the guy? " Steven grabbed the cup that was sitting next to him making Jeremiah taste it. Jeremiah chugged it down not leaving a single drop for Steven.

"Some Oliver guy, Oliver Brooks" Jeremiah crumpled the plastic cup and tossed it perfectly inside the trash bin. Steven who was looking at the pool snapped his head back.

"I don't have a fucking clue" Steven looked at Jeremiah hopeful he would get more information about Oliver Brooks. Jeremiah's nose scrunched up hopeless contrary to Steven's face right that moment.

"Me too?" Jeremiah replied unsure of what to say.

"Are you serious? Oliver? Who is that guy?" Steven slapped Jeremiah's arm slightly.

Jeremiah thought for a bit clueless, but something inside him made him want to know more about this friend of Jolene. He had to, or else it would keep him up at night. But why should he be doing this? He didn't really care about Jolene having friends. Well, he was a boy, of course he cared. Him and Conrad were always her best friends growing up and how come he didn't know about him sooner?

So many questions filled his thoughts that he decided to call it a day and leave, he wanted to ask Jo more about this guy. He was her best friend and even like a brother to her, nothing more. Of course he cared about her and who she was getting into friends with.

"Gotta go, see ya later though." Jeremiah smacked Steven's arm making him stifle a scream of pain, Jeremiah ran way as fast he could before turning his head to see Steven's middle fingers raised up.

Jeremiah laughed as he ran to the employees locker room to change into clothes. Girls stare at him all the time, well, ever since he got toned muscles and abs. Jolene always told him he was already hot even before when he thought he was a lanky boy.

He believes everything Jo says, he always trusted her and Jolene trusts him more. He was glad to have a friend like Jo.

Friend. Right, Jo was her Best Friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

But why out of all things was he so intrigued about this guy who was just introduced to him now?

Did he? No. He couldn't.

---

Jolene was sprawled out on her bed staring at the ceiling, overwhelmed. This was her problem, she can sometimes be so insensitive to other people feelings. Jolene's words shoot to kill when she's mad, hurt, or overwhelmed with everything all at once.

She was a laid back person, but not when it came these things where it involved people's feelings. Love. She has experienced it before, she was loved. But did she give that love back to that person who loved her? She didn't.

Jo had no excuses for her actions, she knew they were wrong, what she did to Ollie was wrong and she hurt him. She was mustering up the courage to make it all right. Tomorrow she would. They would meet at the beach and she would apologize properly for everything. The beach, the place where she had left him.

She had to kill him but it killed her just the same.

Jolene picked up her phone and scrolled away, it was already 8:30 she hasn't had dinner yet, any time Laurel could come through that door and tell her to come eat dinner.

As she scrolled she thought of talking to someone, it was what she liked doing when she was out good thoughts.

She opened the contacts app and scrolled trying to find a contact name.

Jelly Belly <3

Jolene called Belly.

The phone ringed for a while but Belly eventually picked up.

"Hey" Jolene greeted as she smiled in relief.

"Heyy" Belly enthusiastically greeted back to her sister.

"What are you doing? I kinda want girly time right now" Jo offered to her sister, she could hear some shuffling as Belly spoke back up again.

"Nothing much, but yeah sure that'd be great sis. We can paint our nails!!" Belly explained happily a squeal indicating her enthusiasm.

"I'd love that, ugh, my nails look like Steven's teeth right now." Jolene sarcastically said as she chuckled. Belly laughed at the other end of the phone as she said "I'll be there later, love ya lots, mwa!" Belly lovingly said.

That made Jo smile, her little sister was growing up too. Sometimes she wished time could go slower. She remembered Belly had braces and glasses, here, at Cousins. They we're all having fun.

" Okay that's great, see you later Bels, love you. " Jolene bid farewell as she heard the tone indicating the call was over.

Jo set her phone down beside her and breathed to calm herself down.

Damn.

Half my clothes are at your house
And I don't want them back
The smell of you is way too much
Not gonna put my heart through that
I don't know how much time we got
I don't know how much to say
I don't know, tell me what you want
I want you to want me to stay.

It's been a long time since I went through things like this, how much longer would i have to wait for it to stop?

From Author:
Im really very sorry for the late update, thank you for all of you who had taken time to read, vote, and add this to their reading list,
all are appreciated! This is for the long wait, updates may take quite some time but I'll try to fit it in my schedule because of school.

Anyways, for the new season. Team Jeremiah or Team Conrad?