Rose: Chapter 4

People were staring. Staring at e as I walked down the hallway to my locker. I mean I did get a lot of stares but that was primarily because of my brothers who were popular in their day but on my own, I wasn't very popular not that I wanted to be. The reason for the stares soon came to my attention, it was Ryder of course. The only centre of attention in the whole school. He was leaning on my locker with a bored look on his face and his arms crossed firmly across his chest. I considered turning and just forfeiting getting any book but the moment the thought entered my head, his eyes were on me. Running was no longer an option. I dragged my feet from under me until I was standing in front of him expressionless.

"I need to get my books from my locker" I informed him slowly. He shrugged.

"go ahead" but he didn't move an inch from his position on my locker.

"you have to move" I stated. He gave me a look before pushing himself off the locker and standing beside it. I punched my pin in and opened the locker before stuffing every unneeded item into it and taking out what I needed. Ryder was standing there staring at me, his stare was getting uncomfortable and I felt the tips of my ear go red.

"can I help you?" I finally asked.

Ryder sighed, opened his mouth and closed it. I raised an eyebrow at him "I'm sorry, I snapped at you yesterday, I thought you were Maples" he said. I didn't say anything because I had nothing to say. Ryder was a typical bad boy, the one who never regretted his actions, so I was speechless. "Okay, I'm never doing this again" he stated walking away from me. I stared at him as he made his way down the hallway. 

The entire school was staring at him and then at me. I shut my locker and began heading to the assembly hall. Fortunately, and unfortunately, the principal Mr. Rouge called a general meeting. Fortunately, I won't have to sit in class and listen to shit and unfortunately, there was nothing worse than listening to Mr. Rouge give a speech. One didn't even need sleeping pills, listen to him and you'll fall asleep faster than you can blink.

"I heard there are new students?" Lily said as we took our seats in the hall. I rolled my eyes. Mr rouge only called general assemblies when important stuff was happening.

"Welcome students and teachers" Mr Rouge's voice came over the speakers, his very thick French accent washing over all of us "Thanks for honouring this meeting, it'll be brief," he paused and continued "due to a few incidences, the school body of Cross-bridge high will be joined with ours for the entire school session" .there was a loud groan from everyone. Cross-bridge was our mortal enemy in everything and they weren't exactly the friendliest of people especially when they were headed by Western Brooks their star football player. West was somebody that I hoped never to come across again, and we went way back.

"well, there goes the entire school year" Leo commented with an irritated look on his face.

"at least, we have new guys to stare at" Lily added, an optimistic look on her face. I rolled my eyes, slung my bag over my shoulder and headed to class. I reached my algebra classroom in no time but as I reached for the door handle, I heard a voice behind me.

"Hello, lil rose" freaking western.

Ryder Conan

"What's up with you and Rose?" Ezra asked me, breaking into my thoughts. I give him an annoyed look for his interruption. There was a lot to think about. Making cross-bridge join our school was a very big mistake and everyone was yet to know that. It was going to be war all through the school year.

"Ryder?"

"What?" I snap at Ezra. He doesn't even flinch. He just gives me a mischievous smile.

"you didn't answer my question, does that mean you are thinking about it?"

"no, it means that I'm tired of your stupid questions, nothing is going on between us, she's just a little spoilt brat". I don't mention to him though that I'd intact apologized to her for snapping at her. It wasn't my fault though, I didn't know she wasn't maples but the way she flinched made my heart drop and I felt bad. Real bad. Trust me, I never feel bad for anything.

"so" Ezra continued "you didn't mind if she's talking to Western Brooks". my head snapped up and sure enough, she was standing with Western at the end of the hallway. I was going to kill him. Freaking Western Brooks.

sorry for the long wait. Here's the chapter.