Chapter 1

It was close to midnight in the town of Burnstown, and everyone was sleeping. One of the last people awake at this time was a 12 year old girl named Fawn. She was watching the news, trying to see when the apocalypse would finally hit her town.
"So as you all know, the apocalypse has mysteriously started in Mexico about 2 months ago," Said the news reporter. "It just hit our capital city of Toronto a week ago, and is making it's way to Renfrew." After a little more listening, he said, "The apocalypse is said to come to Burnstown in the next 2 days."
Just then, Fawn heard a scream from across the hall. Still thinking about what she just heard, she ran towards the noise, all the while hoping it wasn't a zombie. When she got there, she was relieved to see that it was only her 5 year old sister Scarlett, having a nightmare.
"Had another bad dream, Scar?" Fawn sighed.
"Yeah..." Scarlett replied quietly.
"What was it about this time?" Fawn asked.
"Mom and dad!!" Scarlett wailed. "Fawn, why did those mean people kill them?"
"Well, some people are just jerks like that. Those idiots..." Fawn answered.
"Yea but, why?" Scarlett questioned.
"I guess the military doesn't want Panda People around anymore. I don't understand either..." Fawn said.
As she spoke, Fawn was thinking back to about a year or two ago, when her parents were killed.

    Fawn and Scarlett were playing in the park, having the time of their lives, when Just then, they heard a blood curdling scream. Fawn and Scarlett raced back to their picnic table, shocked to find their dad shot dead.
"Why would you do this to him?" Fawn asked through tears.
"Panda people don't belong here!" Shouted the same person who killed her dad. There was a long pause of silence. Then a younger boy who looked to be about Fawn's age, and really shouldn't be in the military spoke.
"Hey, we got a few more pandas over here!" He said to someone.
"Girls, save yourselves, I'll be okay." Said Fawn and Scarlett's mother. Fawn tucked her ears in her hair and ran away, never getting to say goodbye to her parents.
Fawn, being out of that thought, then looked down at Scarlett. "Now you get some sleep, we have a big road ahead of us." Fawn said to Scarlett.
Once Scarllet was asleep, Fawn started to pack what little they had. The best she could find was some blankets, food, medicine and some weapons.
Then she went to bed, so her and Scarllet could leave the next day.
But their story isn't the only one to be told...