(3) Endings

{I was inspired by a Tik Tok prompt. Originally I thought it would be short. Ended up much longer then I thought it would be. Hope you enjoy ~<3}

The end was nigh.
There was nothing they could do.
They only had a few minutes left. Minutes they didn't want to waste and yet neither of them could find the words.
There was no point in fighting it. Both knew there was no way out. Crowley knew if he tried anything Aziraphale would be harmed he couldn't allow that.
Aziraphale was in a similar situation. If he didn't do as told Crowley would be given a punishment worse than death.  He couldn't never do that too him.

So they stood only a few paces apart. Aziraphale was the one to finally break the silence.

"I'm sorry Crowley." His voice trembled with an amount of emotion no miracle could hide. "I never meant for things to end up this way."

The demon shook his head. "It's not your fault angel." He says. Crowley didn't bother to hide his feelings anymore. His glasses had been lost in the chaos and he hadn't had a change to get back to the Bentley for a spare. Leaving his eyes uncovered, showing all the remorse he felt in his heart.

"You don't understand.. there's so much left. So many things unsaid I.." Aziraphale says.

"Well we've got mmm 5 minutes?" Crowley says brushing soft off his coat. "Might as well get all we can said and done. Right?"

"How can you be so passive about this?!" Aziraphale snaps emotions getting the better of him. "We may never see each other again and you're acting like you don't care!"

"I do care." Crowley says. "I just don't want my last memories with you to be bad ones."
Aziraphale was taken a back by such a sincere response.
"I.. You mean so much to me. Too much for me too waist what terribly little time we have left." Crowley's eye began to water as he spoke out his heart. "So go on Angel, tell me everything you've ever wanted to say."

"I.. I don't know I can" Aziraphale says. "I've spent so long bottling away.."

"Well.. It's now or never." Crowley says. Both went silent for a moment both staring at each other. The silence was excruciating, yet again neither having the words to break the growing tension. Until..

"I love you"

They both finally spoke the words into existence. Each just as surprised as the other. Tears began to fall from both pairs of eyes.

"All this time..?" Aziraphale says attempting to wipe the tears away but not doing much good.

"From the very beginning." Crowley says.

"Oh Crowley."

Neither of them could hold back anymore. Both stepping closer to one another, their lips connecting in a kiss.
Crowley's hands cupped angels face, holding him as if he was the most prized possession in all of existence. Of course according too Crowley, he was.
Aziraphale couldn't think, his ands grabbing what ever he could reach which happened to be Crowley's shirt. Years and years and years, of pent up, hidden, bottled away emotions were finally let go, finally shown, and finally understood by both sides.
The kiss separated but they didn't. Staring into each others eyes they shared sad smiles. Crowley went yo say something but instead he was silenced by Aziraphale's lips. The Angel wrapped his arms around the demons waist. Crowley returned the affection by draping his arms over Aziraphale's shoulders as they shared a passionate kiss.
Tears streaming down both their faces.

The earth shook. The sky flashed. The demon and Angel pulled away.

"I will find you again." Crowley says. "I promise you."

Aziraphale choked back a sob. "Not if I find you first." They held one another's hands for a moment before slowly letting go as the world trembled once again.

Crowley bared his teeth in a pained yet amused smile. "Good bye Aziraphale."

"Good bye Crowley."

Chaos rained. The battle shook the heavens, it shook the depths of hell, and most violently the earth.
How long it went on know one could really guess. But eventually.. each side was exhausted. Forced to retreat to hiding if not their realm of origin.

The earth was in disarray. It was as if every possible natural disaster had occurred every where around the world simultaneously.
Catastrophe. That was the only word that could be used to describe what had happened.
Crowley stood amongst the wreckage. He was amazed.. that whole time he believed the world would end. That his life would be over. He had expected to die in the battle. He rotated his shoulder, popping it back into place as he surveyed his surroundings. It was over..

Crowley watched as humans began helping each other out of the rubble. He however only had one being on his mind and he began to run. He didn't care that he was seen, he didn't care that he was tired. There was only one thing in all of existence that he cared about right now, And he would die before he'd let someone stop him from getting to it.
He came up to the book shop, surprisingly it was mostly okay. It was damaged yes but, not as bad as the fire incident.
The demon looked around in a desperate panic. His breathing so heavy now that he couldn't muster words. He had survived.. so maybe he did too. That thought ran through his head again and again.

"..Crowley?"

Crowley's neck snapped as he turned around to the source of the voice.

"Angel.." the wave of relief that washed over them was overwhelming.

"Crowley." He breathed out before running into his demon's arms.

Crowley caught Aziraphale and held him tightly. The realization that he was really there.. that they were together again hitting him like a bus.

"I am never letting you go again!" Aziraphale says tears trickling down his cheeks. "I don't care anymore, nothing will keep me from you. Not heaven, Not hell. Not anything!" He says pulling away and grabbing Crowley by the shoulders. "I'm so sorry it's taken so long to get here.. I wish I could have been braver. I wish I had the courage to tell you how much I love you Crowley."

Crowley was absolutely stunned at the angels words. After all this time.. he was finally free too live the truth. He grinned. "I've waited so long for this.."

"Well no more waiting." Aziraphale says dragging Crowley inside the book shop. Once inside he brushed himself before looking around at his beloved books. "Well this just won't do." He says and with a wave of his hand, and a miracle, the book shop was as good as new.
Crowley smiled love sickly, watching his angles every move.

"I love you Aziraphale.." he says with utmost sincerity.

"I love you too Crowley." Aziraphale says before grabbing him by the collar and pulling him close. "Now, Shut up and kiss me."

Crowley laughed aloud "as you wish Angel~" he murmured before kissing his love once more.