PROLOGUE

Did someone say lack of consent in people's life?
You're at the right path! Keep going, don't stop now.

PROLOGUE

"Open the fucking door, you bitch!" Said a slurred voice, followed by a loud 'bang'.

Tears threatened to spill from Maya's eyes as she heard her father's drunken voice as he kept on banging on her room door. She just needed a few more seconds to finish packing her bag.

"Don't make me come up there, young lady! Listen to your father and open that door!" Said her mother, whose voice was also slurred and distant. She was probably on the couch with her bottle of rum broken on the floor.

Maya's room door was locked so that the man couldn't get in. She slung her black bag on one shoulder and broke the piggy bank on her table to get a few pennies and euros to add to the money she had stolen from her parents.

The banging was getting more aggressive now, and Maya didn't think twice before she jumped out of her balcony and into a heap of bushes. She stood up and dusted herself. The fall only left a few bruises from the twigs in the bush. As she left, she heard the distant yell of 'Renée' followed by a loud 'crash'. She never liked the door anyways. It was too plain.

That night, Maya found a small abandoned warehouse far away from her house. She came there a few days before to clean the place. That was where she slept for the night.

Maya tried finding a job which was a little challenging considering her age (she was just seventeen), but fortunately for her, she was sponsored by a jeweller who owned a jewellery shop. After a few months, she started adding furniture to the warehouse because she couldn't rent an apartment and still needed to buy foodstuff. Everything was going smoothly until a particular customer ruined her day.

...

The Emperor and Empress of Korea (Emperor Lee Hansung, who is thirty-one years old and Empress Lee Hyerin, who is thirty years old) were on vacation in France for a break with their twenty-year-old son, Lee Hyunjin. They let General Kwon give them any important news about their country.

Hyunjin is a proud and pompous brat because he is the Emperor's son. He thought he was on top of the world and that everyone (except his parents) was inferior.

Hansung and Hyerin decided to stay at the biggest hotel in France, even if Hyunjin disagreed with it and said something about wanting to stay in a big mansion. For someone who was twenty, he acted like a whiny two-year-old.

One day, Hyunjin was sent to buy some accessories for his mother because she lost a few. She just needed a few rings and some bracelets. He walked into a nearby jewellery shop like he owned the building, got whatever he needed and went to the checkout point. The cashier was a girl with black wavy hair put into a ponytail, plump limps and bright hazel eyes. He subconsciously looked at her name tag and saw her name was 'Vier Maya Renée'. She was beautiful.

'Snap out of it, Hyunjin! You can't like a lowlife like her!' Hyunjin thought as he suddenly dumped the accessories on the counter. The sound of metal hitting against the ceramic counter resonated through the shop, and some people stopped to see what was happening. Maya, now more focused on her surroundings, looked up at him.

'Her eyes are beautiful-' Maya's annoyance cut off Hyunjin's train of thought.

"Please refrain from doing that the next time you come here." She gathered the accessories closer to her to check for the various prices. Hyunjin, on the other hand, was shocked. No one has ever spoken to him like that.