The Summer I'll Never Forget Chapter 14

The Family Dinner

Y/N's POV:

I wake up at 9 am. I walk to my bathroom and brush my teeth and do my skincare. I then walk to my closet and pick out some white denim shorts and a light weight purple sweater. I go over to my bikini drawer and pick out a white bikini. I put all that on then sit at my vanity to do some light makeup and do my hair. I then put on some perfume and deodorant. I add some gold jewelry and then I walk downstairs.

I arrive downstairs and see my mom.

"Hey sweetie. Do you want some breakfast?" my mom ask me.

"No thank you. I'm not really hungry." I tell her.

"Okay that's fine." my mom says.

I decide to call JJ and ask him if he wants to meet up somewhere and he agrees.

"Hey mom I'm heading out. Love you." I tell her.

"Okay have fun." she says.

I get in my car and drive to the chateau.

"JJ?" I say as I walk through the house.

"Hey babe." he says.

"Heyyy." I say to him.

"You look beautiful." he says to me.

"Thank you handsome." I say back.

He pulls me in by my waist and we kiss.

"Where's the others?" I ask him.

"Sarah and John B are out doing something and Kie is working and Popes on lockdown studying." JJ tells me.

"Studying? But it's summer." I say.

"Pope study's anytime. He's trying to get this scholarship thing." JJ tells me.

"Oh okay. What do you wanna do?" I ask him.

"We can go walk around town?" JJ suggest.

"That sounds great." I tell him.

We walk around town for some time and just talk about random things.

"I hope your family likes me." JJ says.

"They will." I tell him.

"How many people will be there?" he ask.

"50." I say.

"50!? What is like your aunts and uncles coming too?" he says.

"Absolute sucker. I'm kidding. It's just gonna be me and my parents." I tell him.

"Oh thank the lord. So tell me about them." JJ says.

"Okay well my moms name is Y/M/N and she's probably the most excited to meet you. Then my dad his name is Y/D/N and he's very over protective but I'm sure he'll like you." I tell him.

"Well I'm excited to meet them. They raised an amazing girl." JJ says kissing my cheek.

After me and JJ hangout for a few hours I tell him that I should be getting back home to get ready for the dinner.

"Bye. I'll see you later tonight. I love you." JJ says to me.

"Bye JayJ. I love you too." I tell him.

We share a quick kiss goodbye and I leave.

I drive to my house and walk upstairs to get ready since it was already 5 and the dinner started at 7.

I touch up my makeup and hair and change my outfit. I put on my black tank top bodysuit with my white ruffle skirt. I pair it with my converses.

I go downstairs and see that my parents are already ready and my mother is cooking.

"Mmm something smells good. What you making?" I ask her.

"Spaghetti. I didn't know what JJ would like so I decided to make something easy." she says.

"He'll love your food. You're the best cook." I tell her.

"Thanks sweetie." she says.

I help my dad set up the dining table and we clean up around the house.

I see it's 6:45 pm so JJ should be here soon.

I decide to just sit down while I wait for him to get here.

After about 10 minutes I hear a knock on the door.

"I got it!" I say.

I open the door and see JJ. He's wearing a black polo shirt and some kayak shorts. He also is holding two bouquets of flowers. One set of red roses and the other white roses.

"Hey JayJ." I say giving him a hug.

"Hey babe." he says breaking the hug.

"These are for you and these are for your mom." he says handing me the white roses and he holds onto the red roses to give to my mom.

"They're beautiful J. Thank you." I tell him.

"Not as beautiful as you." he says.

I blush and we walk in.

My parents are lined up by the door ready to meet JJ.

JJ first greets my dad and shakes his hand. My dad has a testing skill with boys to see if he can trust them. He looks them dead in the eye and if they break eye contact it's like a red flag but if they don't then he knows he's a worthy suitor. JJ doesn't break the eye contact with my dad.

He then goes over to my mom and she graciously gives him a hug.

"These are for you Mrs. Y/L/N." JJ says handing my mother the red roses.

"Thank you dear. Red roses are my favorite." she says giving JJ another hug.

"Of course." JJ says.

Everyone sits down and eats.

"You guys raised an amazing girl. I mean I'm not a big relationship guy but when I saw her it was like I was starstruck." JJ tells my parents. I blush at his comment.

"That's exactly how it was when I met her mother. I felt the exact same way." my dad tells him.

We continue to eat and make conversation until we finish.

Once we finish JJ tells my parents bye and thanks them for the amazing dinner.

I walk JJ out to his car and we share a kiss goodbye.