Uh-Oh

"What..?"

Your heart dropped. Even though you knew this was coming, you didn't quite expect things to escalate so soon. A divorce? No. This can't be happening...

"(y-y/n)..?! What are you doing awake..?" Your mom asked with a bit of nervous energy in her voice. 

Your grip of the railings faltered and you stood up, quickly covering your mouth with your hand. You didn't mean to say that out loud...

"U-uh, you woke me up. Sorry."

You began to make your way down the stairs, your gaze fixated on both your mom and your dad. You carefully examined your parents faces. 

Your mom's face was wet with tears, ruining the mascara that brimmed her eyelashes as it dripped down her face. She looked like she had been crying for a while...

Your father's face was full of emotion. Eyebrows arched, eyes widened and you could swear a vein on his temple was bulging. It looked like it could pop at any moment. The angry expression that was painted on your fathers face soon faltered as you began to approach him while you cascaded down the set of stairs.  

"Honey, you can go back to bed-"

"No, let them stay." Your father interrupted. "We have to talk to them about this at some point." 

 You sighed and looked up at the two. This was going to be an...'interesting'...talk. Especially with the way your mother loved to sugar-coat every minor inconvenience or bad situation. 

"Honey, me and your father... we need a break," mom started. "We... we um..."

"We're getting a divorce." Your father deadpanned.

"Roger, you're being very...upfront..."

"What, you want me to sugar-coat it? No. He has to accept it,  more importantly, you have to accept it. I'm not making this situation more light-hearted than it needs to be."

Your mom grunted and crossed her arms, a bit upset. She looked away from your father.

"So... why? Do you guys not love-"

"Oh, (y/n), we'll always love you!" Your mother interrupted. "We both made some mistakes-"

You sighed. 

"I was going to say, do you guys not love each other anymore?"

"oh."

Your father rolled his eyes and looked over to you. 

"No. Your mother wanted to be a sneaky little bitch and sleep with your uncle."

"Roger!!" your mother practically screeched at his statement.

"What? Am I wrong?" 

"Language!! (y/n) is just a kid! They'll start mimicking foul language if they hear enough of it!"

You sighed, praying that they wouldn't start another stupid fight in front of you. You were tired. It was 2:39 in the morning. It was too early for this shit.

Way  too early. 

"That's it, I'm leaving."

"Leaving to where?!" Your mother demanded, taking a step closer to your dad.

"Oh? Are you approaching me? ゴ ゴ ゴ"

"I can't figure out where you're going without getting closer."

"I'm getting the divorce papers!!"

"It's, like, three in the morning!"

"I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK!"

You and your mother jumped back, startled by your father's sudden outburst. He turned around and quickly made his way out of the house, slamming the door behind him. The door frame rattled as he shut it. Poor door. It didn't deserve that level of disrespect. You thought.

"Did he just-"

"Honey," your mom interrupted. "Just... just go back to bed."

"B-but-"

"(y/n) (l/n), we will sort this out in the morning, just... just please... go back to bed."

You hesitated, but agreed. "Okay. Goodnight, mom."

"Good night."

.・゜-: ✧☾To be Continued...☽✧ :-゜・.

( That JoJo reference was created just for you, iammikeeee )

⊂((・▽・))⊃