- CHAPTER ONE -

" The Sudden Fall of Championship League Wrestling "

SUMMER 1978

The promotion's much-revered television program and its presentation showcased a drastic difference from its contemporaries, offering a vastly different pro wrestling product than any of its competitors. It carried a sort of traditional, old-fashioned mentality, the matches could be violent, bloody and brutal, to a point that they were offered up as horrific unapologetic affairs. The bold & brash wrestling promotion based out of Seattle, Washington was mainly born and stylized in the true spirit of two, tough-as-nails gladiators engaged in a battle to-the-death, a spectacle witnessed by an adoring audience of the Roman Theater of War. Alongside this notion of gladiators, this wrestling promotion was created due to the sheer love and respect for the sport of professional wrestling that the two Co-Owners shared a deep passion for. Through the years, the company would slowly nurture and build up a well-respected reputation that was recognized by numerous wrestling fans, especially those of the Northwest Pacific territory and this created one of the most dynamic wrestling companies of the 1970's and came to be known as.... Championship League Wrestling or 'CLW'.

The promotion's territory quickly grew out and expanded from its home-based roots of Seattle, they spread across a handful of states and even reached some parts of Canada, mainly the cities and towns along that specific corner of the United States border. CLW would routinely run shows in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Utah and parts of Northern California.

The last weekend of July has finally arrived and hundreds of the most avid, passionate and wildly outspoken fans have been anxiously anticipating this moment. It's a relatively warm and sunny summer day with a mildly cool breeze in the Seattle air. It's Saturday and later tonight at 6 pm, Championship League Wrestling will open the gates to the Levitz Sports Theater & Entertainment Hall, allowing anxious and eager fans to fill the modestly sized, six-thousand and forty-seven seat venue to capacity. At least, that's the goal anyway. The promotion has held a somewhat steady track record of mostly selling out events in its illustrious 9 and a half year history. Although, the results in attendance have stagnated recently in the past few months. A statistic that should've alarmed the company, but for whatever reason it didn't receive the kind of attention it really deserved. The matter at hand regarding low numbers of attendance hadn't been addressed or more arrogantly, they just simply chose to ignore it.

Tonight the promotion is holding its biggest and most important event of the year! Several months of intricately planned storylines have all lead to this and will culminate in a handful of matches that are taking place right in the middle of the squared circle tonight. The company believes they are unrolling their most important storyline of the night, which involves two of CLW's most-seasoned wrestling stars facing off in the ring in a Steel-Cage match for the CLW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

Wrangler Evans, the 22-year wrestling veteran and the company's current reigning World Champion will put the title on-the-line against his former tag-team partner, Jackson Nite! The two wrestling veterans will have no way to escape, trapped inside the unforgiving Steel-Cage where the two men will grapple and strangle each other in a true test of survival during the main event!! Also, tonight's SUMMER-BRAWL! event marks Wrangler Evans' astounding 412th day as reigning World Champion, holding the title for well over a year and much to the dismay of a growing number of CLW's fan base. For the better part of the last 6 months, it seemed as though CLW and its head booker, Stephen Tiggs were flagrantly ignoring the outcry and vocal pleas from their loyal, at least for the time being, fan base that were not only asking for change, but were clearly demanding it, especially at the top of the card.