Chapter One

(Artwork is not mine, I found it on Pinterest) 
~
(Y/n) galloped hard on her spirited horse away from the danger. The smoke spread wide in the area from the burning village, screams could still be heard. As she rode farther into the forest, her heart threatening to burst, she pulled on her reins and halted her horse. All stood still, nothing made sound save the gentle breeze through the trees and her huffing horse.
     Her anxious face turned into a relieved expression. "I think they are gone, Isfahan," the girl said to her horse and patted his neck. Then, she heard a howl. The hair on the back of her neck stood up. Wargs.
     She kicked her horse with her leather boots and galloped away again. This time, with wargs chasing her. She could hear them getting closer, and could've sworn she felt their breath on her. One of the wargs snapped at her horse, but before it could have a taste of blood, she kicked it hard in the snout. An orc, that was equipped with a large bow, strung up an arrow and shot (y/n) deep in her shoulder.
     The girl gasped in pain and fell hard off her saddle. The wargs and orcs surrounded her, wishing to devour her young flesh. A loud horn was heard, arrows suddenly pierced the sky and landed in the orcs and some wargs. Horses galloped with Elven riders to slay the enemy.
    After the orcs were destroyed, an elf dismounted from his horse and found a human form on the forest floor.
"My lord! Look!" The male elf archer said. The elf prince turned in his saddle and saw a wounded female human on the ground unconscious. His eyes widened, and he dismounted. He gently picked up the (y/n) and hoisted her up on his saddle.
"Come, my friends. We must make haste to save this woman" the young elf prince said and led his small group of warriors back to his family's home.