Chapter 1

On a cold winter morning, y/n (nezuko) trotted down the street with his older brother Tanjiro. Y/n had promised to buy his brother a treat for all of his hard work. As long as Y/n could remember,Tanjiro loved sweet things. So getting him a treat was a nice treat for both of them. Even though Tanjiro had said many times not to buy him anything, Y/n couldn't help it. He loved his older brother so much,but he could never think of ways to show it.

      Their walk went buy fairly quick. Most likely because of Tanjiro talking about life,his work, some of the things he's done. But they were so distracted,they would've passed the bakery. Luckily,
Y/n (nezuko) has a very good sense of smell, so when they almost passed it he grabbed his older brothers arm and yanked him to the bakery.

      "Ah, Y/n. There had to of been a better way to get me to stop." Tanjiro said, rubbing his arm which was now sore from his younger brother's iron grip. Y/n patted his head apologetically before looking at the different baked goods. Tanjiro walked up to him, "which one is your favorite?" He asked. Y/n pointed to a large cake with strawberries(if you don't like strawberries replace it with something different). The strawberries stuck out like blood on top of a thick layer of vanilla frosting and chocolate drizzle. "All right then, that one looks good. Let's get that." Tanjiro said.

      The walk home was fairly quick. Both of the siblings were always pretty fast. And from how much they move around, had a good amount of stamina as well. When they got there, Y/n placed the cake on the table and got his brother a plate. "Oh,I can cut myself a piece." But Tanjiro's attempt to help was fallen upon deaf ears.

      The rest of the day was spent working. Y/n cleaning the house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, and making dinner. While Tanjiro chopped wood, and went to the town to work for the rest of the afternoon. Tanjiro worked for a nice old lady who owned a pretty successful clothing shop. So they had money, but not as much as others. There was only so much they could do. They lost their family at a young age, so the two of them split all the work. With Y/n staying home and taking care of everything and grocery shopping and Tanjiro working. It wasn't the best life, but they were happy with each other.

      Tanjiro and Y/n laid in bed. The moonlight shined in from the window on their faces. "Hey Y/n?" Tanjiro asked. Y/n made a soft noise to show he was listening. "You know how there was a murder in out town? Well apparently they are sending a few people here to question us tomorrow." Y/n looked at him. "We shouldn't get in trouble for anything, but anything you think you shouldn't say, don't say."