Chapter 1: Zooey's Delima

Zooey was upset. She had gotten eliminated from Project Rainbow despite literally doing most of the work for her team that day. She remembered how her teammates, especially Glitch and Shanelle, judged her and how her design of Luna's outfit was so perfect, especially since unlike Rainbow High, they didn't cheat and get to have a special guest who happened to be best friends with the person that they were designing for. If Violet hadn't brought in that box of Sunny's belongings that Victoria got that teddy bear from, Shadow High would have won that challenge for sure! It was just so unfair!
To calm her nerves, she decided to go to the Shadow High common area and work on a piece of digital art on her laptop that she had been working on for weeks. It was of her great-grandmother, Mimi Merize, in the Alien form that she always saw when she looked at pictures of her. Strangley, though, nobody else in her family seemed to see it and just thought of and saw Mimi as a human being.
She also had mysterious white circles on her forehead ever since she was a baby. No doctors or medical professionals could explain where they came from. To make things easier on her friends and Shadow High peers, she simply told them that it was just special effects makeup to make her look more like an Alien. Yet, when watching anything related to space or Aliens, she felt an odd sense of nostalgia despite having never been to space before, or was it dejavu?
Soon enough, she found herself zoning out and focusing on her art, ignoring the Shadow High students around her.

"What are you drawing on your laptop?"Heather asked curiously, watching Zooey work carefully on a ridiculously detailed piece of digital art on her laptop. The art depicted a beautiful alien girl with big, mesmerizing blue eyes, long white hair, and weird black and white and purple striped skin.
Zooey nervously looked behind her. The first thing that she saw was Heather Grayson's icy blue eyes focused on her art, full of curiosity and looking very impressed. Heather's long black and white split-dyed hair was done in a half-up, half, down style with some of it draping over her shoulders as she leaned forward to look at Zooey's art.

Zooey didn't know why she told Heather about Mimi. Maybe she was just too upset to think at the moment. "I wish that I could say that she's just a character that I created to be a mascot for my clothing line, but she's based on younger pictures of my great grandmother and stories that she told my parents when they were younger."Zooey said.
"Lately, I can't stop thinking about her. My parents and grandparents won't tell me any details about her, just that she had the most mesmerizing blue eyes that they had ever seen, and they were so beautiful that she could hypnotize anyone with them. In every picture of her, she looks super Alien like this, but my parents and grandparents all claim that she looked like a normal human woman and that I'm going insane. But this is what I see in those pictures. How do they not see it?"Zooey asked, frustrated.
"Is there any indicator of what type of Alien?"Heather asked, curious. This didn't surprise her, especially after learning that Demi had been a vampire the whole time and after actually visiting the Monster High dimension.
"There was a name of an Alien species that she used to tell stories about, according to my grandmother. It was Novi Stars."Zooey said, feeling relieved to finally be able to open up to someone about this.

Heather went silent. Novi Stars. She had heard that name before. She had come across it in a mythology book that she found in the Shadow High library describing various unusual dimensions and universes supposedly created by the MGA Gods, yet many of those universes, including older ones like Novi Stars and LaLaLoopsy, were theorized to be cancelled and terminated by the MGA Gods years ago. Bratz and LOL Surprise were theorized to be the most active MGA-Verse dimensions. There were a few others, such as Mermaze Mermaidz and Dream Ella, that she was unsure about.
If what Zooey was saying was true, this was an amazing lead and could offer solid proof of other MGA-Verse dimensions actually existing. Natasha had been wanting to build a Wormhole Machine after learning about them in her Advanced Physics class, and Heather had thought of using that future machine to visit the other dimensions from the MGA-Verse mythology that she was convinced existed. Heather also wanted to finally convince Veronica and Naomi of her theories. Despite having been to the Monster High dimension before, they were uncertain if there was any possible way to even visit the MGA-Verse dimensions. If Heather and Natasha could create that wormhole machine and successfully allow Veronica and Naomi to travel to any other MGA-Verse dimension, they could confirm that Heather was right and that Dimensional Travel was actually possible in the MGA-Verse.
"You probably think that I'm insane. I'm sorry for telling you all that."Zooey sighed sadly.
Heather gently placed her hand on Zooey's shoulder as Zooey looked at her with her big, worried brown eyes. "You aren't insane. Other humanoid species do exist in our world, but they come from other dimensions."
"Its great that you believe me, but isn't dimensional travel only theoretical and considered scientificically impossible?", Zooey aaked, curious.
"I have actually met someone from another dimension before and been to another dimension before. Do you remember Demi Batista and her mysterious transfer to another school? Well, she was a real vampire from another dimension that she transferred back to. It was accessible through the mysterious "cursed" mirror portal in the Shadow High attic, and it was a dimension full of teenage monsters, and it was created and run by the Mattel Gods. Me, the Storm Twins, and Natasha have gone there, and it was absolutely mind-blowing and so creepy-cool! But don't tell Veronica and Naomi that I told you that, because its meant to be confidential and just between me and them.", Heather said.
"So that's what you guys were doing in the Shadow High attic... I knew that Lola was lying about the Twins being in a weird actors' cult! I promise that I won't tell a soul. That sounds so much like one of the stories that my grandmother used to tell me! Do you think that Novi Stars was another dimension as well?!", Zooey asked excitedly.
"Its perfectly possible. That is what me and Natasha are working on: a machine that will provide a way to access those MGA-Verse dimensions that have proof of their existence. Veronica and Naomi are very hesitant to personally fund it, though, since the last "Portal Project" was very expensive.", Heather said.
"The Storm Twins actually fund personal projects for you?! I had no idea that you were that close to them!"Zooey said.
"Well, they are my adoptive Upperclass-women parents and my best friends who took me under their wing. After my girlfriend Natasha, of course!", Heather said.

Suddenly, Natasha appeared behind Heather and kissed her on the cheek, making her blush.
"I heard you talking about the "Portal Project. " Didn't Veronica and Naomi say that that was confidential?"Natasha asked.
Natasha was wearing her signature scent, "Look" by Natasha, that smelled like fresh snow on a winter's day. Heather couldn't help but smile every time she smelled that scent because it always meant that her girlfriend was nearby.
"Zooey has actual proof that the Novi Stars dimension exists or once existed! And she is great with AI Technology! If we can get her in on the "Wormhole Project," maybe we can finally convince Veronica and Naomi to support it!"Heather said excitedly to Natasha.
She then turned back to Zooey, "That is, if you want to help us."
Zooey smiled and said, "Well, it will help take my mind off of Project Rainbow, and my AI Technology skills can definitely help with your "Wormhole Project. Count me in!"
Heather and Natasha looked at each other and smiled. "This is great! Now, we just have to meet with the Twins tomorrow to discuss the funding for the materials and the testing!"Natasha said. "And I'll finally prove to them that it is scientificically possible to visit other dimensions in the MGA-Verse and that they really exist!"Heather continued.
The girls then realized that it was getting late, so they all went back to their dorms, excited but scared to meet with the Storm Twins the next day.