1

July 24, 2020

❤️256.5k likes

madisonkirby: nerds

tagged; vanessakirby juleskirby

view all 2.6k comments...

vanessakirby: okay nerd #1
—> madisonkirby: I know I'm smart thank you
—> vanessakirby: you love turning an insult into a compliment
—> madisonkirby: obviously

apriljohnson: my sisters!
—> madisonkirby: they're MY sisters
—> apriljohnson: stop gatekeeping
—> vanessakirby: aprils an honorary Kirby sister
—> juleskirby: this is true
—> madisonkirby: 🙄

"You need to get out more."

Madison rolled her eyes, "Yes, because that's gotten me so far."

She turned back to her phone, her Instagram feed filled with people posting about her ex-girlfriends new album.

"Maddie, you good?"

"Single Maddie is the best Maddie. I'm absolutely fantastic. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Don't listen to that album."

"I need to listen to it so I can guess which song is about me."

"That's not healthy."

Madison shrugged.

"I mean, you haven't even told anyone what happened. You two were fine and then you were done."

"Because it doesn't matter."

Vanessa rolled her eyes, smacking her sister on the head, "It's been six months, Mads."

"Why are you hitting me?"

"I hit you because you always do this."

"Do what?"

"You won't talk about anything. You were together for four years and you've been acting like it doesn't matter. Did she do something or did you do something? Do you not want me to know because you don't want to be judged or you don't want me to judge her?"

"It's because it's been six months and it's over. It's been over for a while. There's no point in talking about it now."

Vanessa decided to drop it, much to Madison's relief. She hated talking about how she felt, but she hated that she was still so sad. She thought she'd be fine by now, she'd had breakups before and she'd been fine by six months.

She knew her sister was right, this wasn't healthy.

And that's what led to her, AirPods in, Folklore, Taylor's new album blasting in her ears. Maddie was sure she hadn't cried that much in several months.

She found Vanessa on the couch, after she'd been hiding for hours.

Madison sniffled and Vanessa whipped around, "You were right."

Vanessa frowned, holding her arms out, "Come here, Mads."

"But I'm fine."

"Okay." Vanessa chose against arguing, instead holding her silently crying sister, "I listened to it and it hurt my feelings."

"Sometimes you're right."

"Oh, Jesus. Did she listen to it?" Jules asked as she appeared from her own room, "I'll go get some drinks."