ᜊ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊 ᜊ

A/N: This is my first ever story that I'm posting, but hope you all like it! :)

———————————————

I sit on my hammock and slowly rock myself back and forth. I sigh and lay back against it, bored.

  "Is there anything to do here, it's pretty boring." I glance over at... 'Chuck' I think his name was? I'm not really sure.
    "We could always see if anyone needs help with their tasks?" Chuck says while he looks over at me. I groan and hide my face in my pillow.

    "Where's the fun in that?" I roll over so that I'm looking at the ceiling, I sit up and swing myself off the hammock.

    "Hey you never explained why I'm the only girl?" I look over at him, impatiently. Chuck nods.

    "I'm not sure why you're the only girl, maybe ask Alby?" I sigh and look over at Chuck.

    "I-" Just as I was about to say something the dinner bell goes off. I sigh and turn to Chuck. "I'll talk to him, thanks." Chuck smiles at me and we both head out of the hut to dinner.

     I make my way into the shack and head over to grab a tray of food, then luckily I was early enough so there was a couple options. I end up grabbing a few things, (Water, chicken, corn, etc.) and walk over to an empty table in the back.

     I hear some others walk in and I glance over, noticing newt and... I tilt my head confused as I've never seen him here before, did the box come up when I was asleep or something? No, I would've heard it coming up, I think. I scratch the back of my head and take a bite of my food.

    "I am a pretty heavy sleeper though." I mumble to myself. I roll my eyes and finish up my food, glancing at the new person every so often. After a while I zone out, before I'm snapped out of my thoughts.

    "Hey Y/N." I look over to see who called my name, it was Minho.

    "Oh hey Minho." I say as he sits next to me. "Did you need anything?" I ask him as I tilt my head.

    "Nothing much..." I turn towards him. "Anything new about the maze?" He shrugs and looks at me again.

    "Nothing special, same pathways every time." He sighs and put his head in his hands. I change the subject since he didn't seem to be that upbeat about talking about the maze.

    "So uhm...is that a new person here? I didn't hear the box come up." Minho looks at me before following my gaze to the guy I was looking at.

    "Yeah, he came in this morning. I thought you knew?" I shake my head.

     "I wonder why I wasn't there, maybe I was busy with duties or something." I shrug and look back at Minho. "Dinners almost over, so I'm gonna start heading back to my hut now." I smile at him and get up from my seat, I walk over and clean my tray off before placing it back with the rest of the trays.

    "Bye Y/N." He says with a small smile, I wave at him and walk out towards my hut.

       ————————————————

   I move around in my hammock, trying to find a comfortable spot, but I just can't fall asleep. I sigh and sit up, making the hammock slightly swing. I quietly get out of my hammock and slide my shoes on, I walk out of the hut and look around.

   "I wonder how late it is." I say, talking to myself. I shrug it off and walk over to a nearby log and sit down. I look up at stare at the sky, it was peaceful with the silence, but my silence was ruined not long after. "Hey, uhm.. is this seat taken?" I look up to see Newt, I've spoke to him a few times but we weren't really friends. More like...acquaintances.

   "Oh no, go ahead." I shake my head from my thoughts as he sits down.

   "I couldn't sleep." He says, I look over at him for a moment before looking back at the sky.

    "I couldn't either." There was an awkward silence between us for a few minutes, before I finally spoke up. "Do you know the new greenie that came up the in the box?" I cross my arms while I look at him.

    "Thomas? Yeah I know him." He looks over at me. "Any particular reason you're asking about him?" I shake my head.

     "Not really, I just didn't know we were getting a new one, guess I lost track of time." He chuckles quietly.

     "I understand, sometimes I can't even tell if it's been an hour or just ten minutes." I nod my head, agreeing with him. I yawn and stretch my arms.

     "I'm gonna head to bed now, it was nice talking to you." I say as I stand up off the log. "Goodnight." I smile at him and head to my hut. I lay down and close my eyes, drifting into sleep.

—————————————

A/N: This is the first chapter, I know it's boring but it'll get better over time. If you're reading this chapter two could be posted, or it could still be in my drafts that will take me forever to write. Love you all! ⭐️