Happy birthday, Jen

A/N: Another JIBBS oneshot. This one is about Jenny and her birthday present from a silver haired agent. Enjoy, Angels.

Director Jenny Shepard hates her birthday, hates growing older, and hates that she hasn't had anyone to spend it with for the last six years so she pretends she's forgotten about it.

The redheaded woman walks into his office at 0600 on the morning of her birthday, flipping on the lights and walking to her desk, frowning when she notices a box on her desk, a box that wasn't on her desk when she left last night. Just 3 people would know when her birthday was and get her a gift but only one person would actually give it to her without getting threatened with a gunshot wound to their body. She puts her bags down on the floor and picks up the box: it's a black rectangular shaped box with a red bow and a note written on a white piece of card, which she places on top of the desk to read later. After untying the bow off the black box, the redheaded Director opens it and gasps as she looks at the present inside the box. She can't believe it:

A Paris charm bracelet with landmarks of the city she visited with HIM six years ago. But it's not just any charm bracelet: it's the one she saw in the shop window on their second to last day in the City of Love, granted it was a plain bracelet then and he's added the charms himself but it's the same bracelet from six years ago. She was looking at the plain bracelet when Jethro appeared beside her. She smiles as she puts the bracelet on her wrist and picks up the note written in his handwriting.

Happy birthday, Jen.

She sips her coffee, putting the note and box in her purse before she sits at her desk and starts signing the paperwork.

Leroy Jethro Gibbs walks up the stairs to the familiar office, eager to see the redheaded woman. By now he's sure she's opened the box that he left on her desk before he finally left last night. Walking into the office, he smiles when he sees her in her desk chair, the present dangling from her wrist. "Like the present?" He asks, leaning against her office door. Jen looks at him from her files, a smile lighting up her face as she stands up. "I love it, Jethro. How long have you had it?" Jen asks as she stands up and walks up to stand in front of him, her perfume all around him. "6 years." He admits to her quietly. He can't quite believe that he kept the bracelet that long either, adding the charms every year on her birthday. Jen gasps. "That long?" She asks him, Jethro nods and gives her a smile.

"Was waiting for a special occasion to finally give it to ya, today seemed like a good day to give it ya." She rolls her eyes. "There's nothing special about today, Jethro." She says. Jethro growls. "It is a special occasion: it's the day the love of my life was born." He says before kissing her lips softly. They pull away and Jethro tucks a strand of red hair behind her ear, smiling softly.

"Happy birthday, Jen." He says gently. She smiles.

"Best one yet." She tells him, kissing him again.

A/N: Another JIBBS oneshot is complete, hope you enjoy, Angels.