TWO

02 - Silas and His Ways of Love

"I better not see you crashing the party later," I told Silas while applying makeup. "Ginawa mo na iyan last year, mahahalata kung gagawin mo ulit ngayon."

He snorted. "I'll think about it, angel."

We just got home after having dinner at the steakhouse with Silas' mother. She wanted to treat me as part of her birthday gift when it should've been me who's supposed to give a blow out.

Nakakahiya pero hindi ko rin mapigilang matuwa dahil sa pagtrato sa akin ng mga magulang ni Silas. Kung ano ang mga magulang ko sa kanya, ganoon din ang kanya sa akin, especially Tita Katherine. I was told she wanted to have a daughter so bad, yet, unfortunate to have one. So she's giving the things she wanted for a female child to me, after all, I will soon be her daughter-in-law.

My lips curved down when Silas kept on giving me playful looks, not agreeing to what I just said. "I said don't."

"Yeah, and I said I'll think about it-" He burst into laughter when I threw my setting spray at him. "Yes, baby, I won't."

"So..." I looked at him from head to toe. He's wearing a black dress shirt in which the sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. He paired it with white linen shorts then his white Air Force 1. "Where are you going after driving me to the resort?"

He looked a bit hesitant but managed to answer straight. "I'll be drinking with the boys."

"Don't drink too much," I reminded him before we left the penthouse.

It took us thirty minutes to get to the resort I rented for my birthday party. Although a struggle and waste of time, I still transferred to the backseat of Silas' car before going out to make it look like it was my driver who drove me to the venue.

Just as I stepped to the entrance, my gaze met Dalia's who turned out to be waiting for me to come. She is the only one from my circle of friends in school who knows about my relationship and, well, set-up with Silas.

"Are you sure wala kang inimbitang iba galing sa mga pamilya natin?" She asked for another time.

"You're more nervous than me as if you'll be the one in trouble if someone sees that I'm not celebrating with my fiancé," I told her in a light tone to ease her over thinking. "Puro kasamahan lang natin sa Behavioral Sciences ang narito tsaka mga kasamahan ko sa org. Relax."

Loud pop music, colorful lights, numerous beach balls and floaties above lighted pools... oh it sets up the mood. I noticed that most of my guests arrived earlier than me, and I guess that is why Dalia has been waiting for me at the entrance earlier, because the party has been starting without the celebrant.

"Happy birthday, Sea!"

Every person I encounter on my way gives me their greetings and gifts. For most of the time, I just kept on holding boxes and bags in my hands which kinda makes me unable to enjoy the night so I decided to ask the other guests who just arrived to place their presents on the long table near the jacuzzi. Humalo na ako sa ibang mga tao rito na para bang iisa lang ang mga gusto naming gawin: magsaya.

"Birthday girl!" Nilingon ko ang pinanggalingan ng tinig at nakita si Khiel, isa sa mga kasamahan ko sa student government. Maligaya niya akong nilapitan habang may hawak na isang serving ng molten lava cake. He then eyed me from head to toe before letting out an amused sigh. "Naks, Seraphina Restrivera! Fiercer and bolder ang peg, ah?"

"Hot and hotter, you mean," Dalia corrected humorously and their palms met in the air.

Aliw akong napailing sa kanila at pinagmasdan ang aking sarili. It's just a short and fitted red satin dress plus my maroon Saint Laurent Opyum sandals and ruby necklace.