Chapter 1.

Ali sighed in relief. It's been three months since everything happened with James. It's been going well, Nikolas is happy on his skateboard and trying not to hit Nino who was trying to climb on.

"Nino!" Layla called out, "Let Nikolas use his skateboard without scaring him."

Nino mumbled but left Nikolas alone to do his flips and whatnot on his skateboard.

"Don't fall." Layla said. She looked ready to lunge any second. Literally she was on the edge of her seat. Arms getting ready to prop her forward.

Ever since James, No one has been happy if Nikolas gets hurt.

"I'll try not too." Nikolas said back to her. His skateboard stopped against a rock and almost made him fall but he's used to that and stayed on. 

"Kalimati." Layla whispered.

Nikolas got off his skateboard and kicked the stone away from him.

People still stare and whisper about him and James but they never walk up to him and say something cause their scared they'll make Nikolas panic. Which he has gotten better at not panicking.

Suddenly like three boys, most likely only thirteen or fourteen came to speak to Nikolas.

"Are you Nikolas Lahiffe?" One of the boys asked shyly.

Nikolas stopped his skateboard to pick it up and face him. "Yeah, can I help you?"

"Uh yeah! We were wondering if you wanted to come and play a game with us." The less shy one said.

Ali and Layla looked at each other then went up to stand by Nikolas. 

"It would be our honor to invite you."

"Your honor huh? One of my classmates said that a month ago and they surrounded me with questions about that man." Nikolas said.

"Oh we don't do that." One of them said.

"Yeah, we don't bring up people's traumas."

"Our son doesn't really trust people after what happened. Cause when he refused to speak he got punched in the face. Which resulted in a panic attack. One of his rarely major ones." Layla explained.

"Yeah, we don't do that. Some older students are insanely rude."

"Uh excuse me," the shy one asked again, "Why do you have a black eye?"

"Got into a fight." Nikolas shrugged.

"Back onto topic." Ali said.  "What do you want with our son?"

"They want me to play their game or something." Nikolas said to him.

"Exactly! So are you in?"

"If I decide to play do I get one of those cool tops?" Nikolas asked and pointed to his top with a cross through James's face.

The guy laughed, "Yes!"

"Really?" Nikolas asked in shock. Ali and Layla knew he was being sarcastic.

"Everyone gets a top like this! We make them ourselves and if you-" The poor boy cut himself off.

Nikolas gave a fake looking for more answers face.

"Your being sarcastic?"

Nikolas shrugged with a smirk as he went back on his skateboard and skated away from them.

"Your being sarcastic?"

"Sorry about him." Ali said, "He can't stand to hear or even look at anything like James. It freaks him out." Ali explained.