Chapter 24

Seaborn Seraqua POV, August 10th 2020, 8:00 AM

I awake on the basement couch that morning to a sound of kitchen pots clinking together.

Wilda was still sleeping over her covers with the magazine she was reading last night open and laying on the bed on top of her.

I sat up and watched the sun rise, breaking through the window.

The window in the basement is right against the ceiling, and I can really see the tall grass growing in every millisecond.

"Really to wake up, Seaborn?" Asked an enthusiastic Wilda.

"Well, it's that time of day, isn't it?" I ask pleasantly as Wilda already seems to comb out her hair and clean her glasses as she bursts out the door.

We get into the dark and small kitchen where Brecken is asleep on the couch, and Kailani is snoring loudly, perched on the branch of the tree plant that she keeps in the room.

"Okay, Seaborn, whom driving?"

"Um..."

"We're gonna have to take Kailani's car. That thing drives well."

"No, I think that Kailani drives well." I tell her, reminding her in a hint that still, neither of us can drive.

Wilda then gives me the look, which means she just had an idea.

"Kailani!" She shouted in a rather screachy voice.

"We're gonna have to get to the Royal Kingdom!"

Kailani runs out of the house a solid ten seconds later. "Slow down! Slow down! She panted. She then flung the door open and started the car quickly. "Can't you drive, Wilda?"

"Seaborn can't either!"

"Yes, but he's from under the sea, so he has an exuse."

Wilda glumly slouched in her seat, crossing her arms.

I, however, was stumped. How does she know that there's no cars under the sea? Whether it seems logical or not, I still wouldn't think anyone from a place like Angel City would automatically know this.

"Kailani, how do you know that there's no driving under the sea?"

"Well, Seaborn, sometimes you just know when you know, am I right?"

Wilda and I agree by nodding, but even though we are good at things, Kailani is on a whole other level at knowing things.

When she part the car, Wilda was already running to the castle like as if there's no Tomarrow. "Hey!" Snapped Kailani. Wilda came to a stop and turned around. "What?"
"You're two hours early, use your time wisely!" Wilda nervously nods slowly as Kailani drives away, leaving us in the semi dark August morning air.

Without talking, Wilda and I walked into the castle. "If we're stuck here for the rest of our lives, I swear." Wilda complains right before banging on the door.

Azurine opens in. She sourly scoffed when seeing us. "Oh, you guys are early. I bet you want to get a head start just to be on the Queen's good side, huh?"

Wilda laughs right at her. "Same idea. Different reasons.

We walked inside the elegant living room place with all its furniture was mirror.

"I don't even want to be here this early." Azurine complains.

"Then why are you?" Wilda asked half carelessly.

"The Queen sent me a message to get my body over here, and the Queen's pretty serious about it, so I did, and now she's making me clean the attic. I didn't actually start that yet because I saw the cake in the refrigerator, and"