Chapter 11: Concern

Jian Chi walked through the long corridor, and bumped into a figure when turning the corner. He whispered “I’m sorry”, and suddenly his arm was pulled when he bent his head to move forward.

“Jian Chi,” Ji Huaisi called his name and asked warmly, “Class is about to start, where are you going?”

If Jian Chi didn’t know that he collided into him on his own initiative just now, he would have thought that Ji Huaisi was waiting for him here on purpose.

“I need to find Zhang Yang for something.” Although he answered like this, Jian Chi knew that it was probably too late.

“I’m in the same literary appreciation class as him. If you don’t mind, I can relay the news for you.”

Jian Chi hesitated for a few seconds, “No, it’s nothing urgent.”

Ji Huaisi lowered his eyes and seemed a little disappointed, then added with a touch of concern, “I saw you coming out of the infirmary just now, are you all right?”

“I’m okay, just a little insomnia.”

As Jian Chi spoke, he slowly set his eyes on the arm that Ji Huaisi had grabbed, like a reminder, making Ji Huaisi loosen his fingers as if he had just woken up from a dream. He was slightly remorseful: “I’m sorry, because I haven’t heard from you, I thought something happened to you.”

“Reply?”

“I sent you a message in the morning.”

Jian Chi remembered something, took out his phone that he had never opened, and there was a reminder from HS in the notification bar. After clicking in, there was Ji Huaisi’s friend application, and there was a sentence on it: Do you feel better?

“I didn’t see it,” Jian Chi remembered the phone he had thrown aside in the morning, and pursed his lips apologetically, “I feel much better, thank you for the school uniform.”

Ji Huaisi’s smile was a little warmer, his eyes curled up with the corners of his lips, full of reassuring appeal, “You’re welcome, this incident was originally my fault. I didn’t rush to stop it in time. Those few people have gone through a deep self-review, and they have also realized their mistakes and are willing to apologize to you in person.”

Jian Chi didn’t think that those people would really realize their mistakes, and it was probably a compromise made for the sake of peace of mind.

He remembered the basin of water that fell down yesterday and the memory brought out Shao Hang, who was sitting by the window watching the scene. His heart skipped a few more beats, then the disgusting voice from Shao Hang in his dream sounded in his ears: “You’re not worthy.”

“Jian Chi?” Ji Huaisi came a little closer and put his hands on his shoulders lightly, “Jian Chi, what’s the matter with you?”

“…It’s okay.” Jian Chi rubbed his temples, and shook his head after regaining his senses.

The images in the dream were constantly intertwined with reality, blocking his mind, making him unable to distinguish between true and false for a while. The belated touch on the shoulder made Jian Chi feel a little strange, and he took a step back without a trace, avoiding Ji Huaisi’s hand.

“I’ve heard people say that there’s an equestrian competition next week.”

Ji Huaisi’s fingers on his side twitched lightly. Hearing Jian Chi change the subject, he nodded and said, “Next Wednesday is the annual equestrian competition in Saintston. Do you want to watch the competition?”

Jian Chi wanted to shake his head, but this thought disappeared quickly. He had a more important thing to verify, “I heard that the president will also participate in the competition, right?”