Chapter 4

That night, Draco couldn't wait until it was past curfew. He found himself pacing his room, not able to sit still for longer than a minute at a time. He had remembered to wear something warmer this time so that he wouldn't have to have a charm placed on him. After what felt like forever to Draco, he was finally on his way to meet Potter at the tree.

            He got there first and as he sat there waiting, he found himself doubting everything. What if Potter didn't actually mean what he'd said about finding him if he couldn't sleep... Maybe- but before he could finish that thought, he heard footsteps getting closer. He waited with his breath held until Potter finally made his way into his line of vision.

"Sorry I'm late," Potter said, "I couldn't shake off Ron and Hermione."

"Why would you do that?" Draco asked.

"Because I knew you were waiting for me..." Potter said casually.

"So you stood up your friends for me? And what do you mean you knew I was waiting for you?" he questioned incredulously.

"Believe it or not, Draco, you are actually decent to be around. And I may have something that allows me to know such things." Potter replied cryptically.

"Oh well... Thanks..." he replied, unsure of how to take the compliment. "And what exactly is that something, might I ask?"

"No problem... and here I'll show you. But you obviously have to keep it a secret, yeah?" Potter asked, getting a piece of parchment out of his sweater pocket.

"I wouldn't have anyone to tell it to but you anyways." Draco said somewhat bitterly.

"Here"

"Umm... Potter..."

"Yes, Malfoy?"

"This is a blank piece of parchment..." Draco said, thinking that the Chosen One might have finally snapped.

            To his surprise, the raven-haired teen laughed. Draco watched skeptically as Potter pulled out his wand and tapped the parchment with it. "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good." Potter said quietly. Draco watched in amazement as the paper turned into a map of all of Hogwarts. Upon closer inspection, Draco noticed that there were name tags moving through corridors or staying still in dorm rooms and the library.

"But... what?" he wondered aloud.

"It's a map that shows where everyone is at every time of the day." Harry said proudly, "My Dad and some of his friends from Hogwarts created it."

            Draco looked up to see the pride shining in Potter's brilliantly green eyes. "This is pretty awesome! It also explains a lot of things..." he said, thinking of how Potter had always seemed to know exactly where he was all of the time.

            For the rest of the night, the two teens spoke of all of their fights and how they had come about. They spoke of it lightly, never really pushing into the heavier parts of their rivalry; neither wanting to anger the other as they both enjoyed the other's presence too much to risk it. So for the next couple of weeks, both boys would meet after curfew and talk about trivial things until sunrise came and they had to part for classes.

            To both boys, it seemed like they were living in two different worlds, the one they had at Hogwarts where they went to classes, and the other private one they seemed to have only with each other. And neither wanted to lose that delicate balance they seemed to have found of these two worlds, as neither wanted to lose the private world in which they had created together.